Pinky on the Brain
Pink went through some pretty tough stuff in the early 2000s. It was forced onto everything from flippy skirts (circa 2003: I owned about twelve), monogrammed tees and plenty of unsuspecting lapdogs (Paris Hilton, much?)
Well thanks to M.Kors Fall 2009 and some fashion-forward beauty brands, the hue has chicly joined us in 2010…but with a seriously styling makeover. Buh-bye, baby and blush! Hello, hautehot fuschia!
The rose of today is less girly-girl, more womanly wow! While the old hue purrrrred, the new neon roars! Rather than dominating an entire ensemble, it adds a stylish splash to an otherwise basic look. And this summer pink goes pop on every extra from lipstick to pumps, purses to nailpolish!
- Totally dying over this fuschia crossbody bag by Antik Batik. The snakeskin is luxe and the small size won’t weigh you down when the weather gets warm. I would pair this with a crisp white shirt dress for a day of lunch and shopping with the gals!
- I live in a fantasy fashionland where haute pink is a neutral shoe hue…a little crazy, huh? Well I say crazy chic because a pink BCBG pump I purchased last spring has become my go-to going out gear! This Dolce Vita Pela wedge is the perfect pink pop for summer. I’m envisioning endless shorts ensembles!
- I adore Alexis Bittar designs because they are distinct and gorgeous, without the hefty pricetag of other costume jewels. The pyramid stud earrings certainly live up to the Bittar Buzz! Ideal for the gal who wants just a flash of fun!
- Now the beauty banter— swipe tarte’s True Love cheek stain on sunkissed skin for a fab flush. Or pucker up to LipSurgence lip stain in Amused for a pink pout. My go to nail color is Zoya’s Jolene—an adorable hot pink that is “Hot Child in the City,” rather than “Hot Child on the Playground!”
- I know everybody and their mom/dog/cousin/granny is rockin Ray-bans, but nearly no one is wearing them in rose! I am huge fan of aviators, and this femme hue balances the tough Top Gun shape.
So tartelettes, whether you go full out or just add a dash—this summer think pink!