The Big City. Yankees vs. Red Sox. The Atlantic Coastline. The Northeast is known for a lot of things, but one of the most beautiful is our fall foliage. The changing leaves and mountain landscapes are reason enough to escape the city for a weekend. This time of year the tri-state area also boasts a slew of amazing orchards and vineyards. Apple and pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes, haunted houses, cider and wine tasting; from September-November these seasonal destinations promise the perfect weekend afternoon.
Confused on where to go? Fret not my friend. I have compiled a short list of kid and adult-friendly hotspots; all of them are favorites of the staff here at tarte. So, this weekend rent a car or hop on the transit lines for an urban escape. Don’t live in the area? Or, did I miss one of your family favorites? Please share some details in our comments box, we’d love to hear from you.
Northern, NY & Long Island
- Applewood Orchards & Winery, Warwick, NY http://applewoodorchards.com/
- Stone Ridge Orchard, Stone Ridge,NY http://applewoodorchards.com/
- Harbes Farm & Vineyard, Mattituck, NY & Riverhead, NY http://www.harbesfamilyfarm.com/
- Headless Horseman Hayrides & Haunted Houses, Ulster Park, NY http://www.headlesshorseman.com/index.php
- Eastmont Orchards, Colts Neck, NJ http://www.eastmontorchards.com/
- Delicious Orchards, Colts Neck, NJ http://www.deliciousorchardsnj.com/welcome/index.php
- Alstede Farms, Chester, NJ http://alstedefarms.com/
- Beardsley’s Cider Mill & Orchard, Shelton, CT http://beardsleyscidermill.com/
- Silverman’s Farm, Easton, CT http://silvermansfarm.com/