From Flab to Fab…
We’re midway through the summer and already the belly bloat is creeping back around our waistlines. After all the family parties, barbeques, and summer cocktails what can we really expect? Not to worry though, we’ve devised a plan to attack the bloat dead in its tracks and eliminate any destruction that’s already occurred. Follow these simple steps and you’re sure to burn fat, stay healthy and keep a flat tummy from here on out!
- Snack with protein between the hours of 3pm and 4pm. This seems to be the time we snack heavily just before dinner and usually we opt for unhealthy choices. Choose a protein bar like Kashi to help boost your metabolism and balance your sugar. This will also help prevent overeating throughout the rest of the day.
- Crunches and planks are simple workouts that’ll keep your tummy toned and flat. Three to four times a week give yourself 20 minutes to work off that extra weight around your mid section.
- Zap sugar out of your diet! The less sugar you consume the lower your insulin level and the lower your insulin level the higher your glucagon level. Your glucagon level helps burn off fat and kills off any extra bulge in your stomach area.
- 21 chews and counting… Remember that old fashion rule: chew 21 times before swallowing? Well, there seems to be some merit in this method; the more you chew the easier it will be for your body to break down and digest any food consumed. Food not properly broken down can cause severe bloat in your mid-section; so just remember 21 chews can lead to a flatter tummy.
- Kick salt to the curb! Salt makes the body retain water and many women tend to hold it in their abdominal region. Substitute salt with either Salsa or pepper for a hint of flavor and if you must have some salt make it pure sea salt; it has a lower sodium count than table salt.
- Try kickboxing. Kickboxing is the ultimate work out for your belly; by moving your arms and legs you’re pretty much performing standing crunches for an entire class.
- Add a little lemon to your water. Lemons are a natural flavor and help the body naturally beat belly bloat.
- For instant results that give the appearance of a flatter stomach, try walking in heels. This ultimately forces your mid section to stretch out while walking.
- Why eat white when whole grain will help? Whole grains are easier for your body to break down offering more fiber, which helps beat bloating.
- Some of my favorite flat tummy foods: almonds, avocado, whole grain bread, salmon, natural peanut butter, berries, olive oil, and veggies, veggies, veggies!
How do you plan to beat the belly bloat this summer?