Archive for July, 2012
And yes, thanks to our senior designer Erica, those cupcakes do match her dress! (Erica, über talented with confections, really knows how to pin down a person’s aesthetic with cake!)
Happy b-day B!
Summertime is synonymous with party time – the warm weather and sultry air practically demand celebration. If your social calendar is packed and you’re tired of the clothes hanging in your closet, don’t fret: a sweet summer-y shoe can make all the difference in glamming up an old outfit. Here are four shoes we’re lusting after right now that will freshen up your wardrobe, for any occasion.
summer pumps splurge
Sports and makeup — not two things you would normally put together, but last night our makeup artists were backstage at the ESPY awards, touching up the top athletes with our high-performance products. Our genius makeup artists brushed up some of the best athletes and presenters before the big night. Just who was was ‘sporting’ tarte last night? You may be surprised…
tarte makeup artist Tania poses with Manning backstage.
She’s quirky, unbelievably funny, a little dark, and yes, pretty. For the past few years, the Parks and Recreation star has been deftly balancing funny girl and ingénue, but with Safety Not Guaranteed under her belt, we wager she’ll be a full-blown bombshell by 2013.
Oh yeah, she’s also our girl crush of the week.
Have you heard? We’ve got a QVC TSV coming up on July 13th! Mark your calendars.
In honor of 4th of July week — we’re giving patriotic revelry until the weekend to run it’s course — we’d like to give a nod to fashion houses who are still making their duds in the U.S.A., like us!
Oscar de la Renta
It’s been a while since we saluted the stunning nail art that walks through the doors of the tarte office, and when we saw this lovely design — hand painted by our senior graphic designer Erica — we knew it deserved some fanfare.
What kind of polish are you rocking this summer?
If you’ve ever read this blog, you already know Jen. And if you’ve ever called our customer service line, you’ve probably spoken to her. One of the most versatile members of the tarte team, Jen’s duties are so numerous we don’t have enough space to list them. Let’s just say she’s an important part of what makes tarte tick. So we decided to find out what make her tick — at least while she’s at work.
1. My Keep Calm and Carry On mug: “It was a gift from tarte’s community manager Koryn.”
2. Figi Water: “Hydration is key, especially during an NYC heat wave.”
3. tarte dollface cheek stain: “This is my all time favorite blush shade!”
4. BB Pretzel sticks: “Super thin pretzels and only 25 calories in the entire bag — talk about guilt free.”
5. tarte mini maracuja oil: “Great for travel! I put it on my face and cuticles when I need some moisture.”
6. Photos of friends and co-workers: “Especially in black and white…it looks so chic.”
7. Nail polish: “My nails are constantly chipping and I always need to fix them up.”
8. The tarte mission statement: “This makes me extremely proud of where I work and what we stand for.”
9. My mustaches card: “A customer included this with their return and it made me so happy!”
10. My Charlotte Free screen saver: “Pink hair, don’t care! I wish I could do this to mine but Maureen would kill me!”