tarte celebrates it’s mommy-to-be, candace!
It’s been a season of celebration and change for the tarte team. It seems not a week went by that we weren’t toasting life moments, engagements and weddings — both planned and spontaneous! But, perhaps the most joyful news was that Candace, our director of communications and market strategy, is expecting. A backbone member of the tarte team, Candace is one of the people that really makes this company tick — we knew we had to surprise her with a fête worthy of the PR dynamo!
Taking a cue from her nursery colors – orange and aqua — tarte senior designer and culinary genius Erica baked dozens of scrumptious mini cupcakes, while we cheered Candace with balloons, flowers and champagne – well, sparkling cider for the mommy-to-be.
Only days away from her due date, we asked Candace what type of baby prep she’d done in anticipation of the arrival of her little one, and she gave us a short list of just what a new mother may want to have on hand.
From left to right, she broke down the perfect baby-on-the-way gift guide:
1. Alex crib by Giggle: “After much debate, I decided on this Alex crib in white from giggle that I can decorate with bright nursery gear.”
2. The Aden + Anais Serenity Star ”When’s it’s 3am, I’ll be using this Aden + Anais star to help me get through the night.”
3. Sleep Sheep: “I love this sweet little sheep, which will hopefully also calm my little one to sleep.”
4. Little Giraffe Luxe™ Baby Blanket: “Seriously, I want this blanket for myself—it’s so chic, snuggly and luxurious. I can’t wait to wrap the baby in it!”
5. Land of Nod magic carpet in aqua: “I’m obsessed with the pattern on this rug and the pop of aqua.”
6. UPPAbaby Vista stroller: “This stroller can do it all (bassinet by night) and I love that it’s orange.”
Any moms out there have some no-fail tips to share?