get the look: kerry washington at the 2013 met gala
“Kerry represents classic beauty with an edge and the Vera Wang dress she chose is classic with a punk twist. The stunning violets and blacks in the dress inspired me to create Kerry’s bold, smoky eye.” – Carola Gonzalez, celebrity makeup artist
For the Metropolitan Museum of Art annual gala — often referred to as the Oscars of Fashion — celebrities go all out, working with stylists to craft intricate looks fit for the fête’s theme. This year’s theme? Punk. And celebrity makeup artist Carola Gonzalez used all tarte products to create an edgy, sultry look for Kerry Washington. Love this look? Keep reading to learn how to get it at home!
- To begin, Carola prepped Kerry’s skin with tarte’s clean slate™ poreless 12-hr perfecting primer
- Then she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof concealer in tan followed by tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation in deep to even out Kerry’s complexion
- For the perfect pop of rosy color, Carola dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in natural beauty on the apples of her cheeks
- To create a dramatic smoky eye, Carola used the purple and silver shadows from tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in envoke the smoke
- Then she lined Kerry’s top and bottom lashlines with Aqualillies for tarte Amazonian clay waterproof liner in black to give her a punk edge
- She finished by lining the lower inner rims with tarte’s lights, camera, lashes™ waterproof inner rim liner (out in July)
- For extra definition she applied five coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
- To complete her look, she swiped tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance 12-hour lipstick in pure over her lips.