get the look: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at the 2013 met gala
“I wanted Rosie to look like a punk princess so I gave her a strong brow and lip, and kept the rest of her face really fresh. It made her punk element feel more modern.” – celebrity makeup artist Monika Blunder for tarte
Become the ultimate punk princess! Keep reading to learn how to create this look at home.
- The brows were a major focal point tonight. “Rosie already has gorgeous, naturally full brows so I just enhanced them.” Monika used tarte’s Amazonian clay brow pencil in taupe to give her brows a sharper edge.
- Monika started by applying Amazonian clay full coverage 12-hour foundation all over to even her complexion.
- Then she brushed tarte’s matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess in the hollows of her cheeks, over her temples and across her forehead to create extra dimension.
- Next, she mixed maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer & cheek tint in sunlight with tarte’s cheek stain in awakening and blended it over the apples of her cheeks to bring extra light to her face.
- She then used tarte’s buffy bamboo face powder brush to blend everything together and make sure the contouring was seamless.
- Monika used different shades of bronze from tarte’s call of the wild palette Amazonian clay 8-shadow collector’s palette to create a smudgy, washed-out eye that went from light to dark. She started by sweeping the shade wild all over her lids and into her inner corners, then brushed meow close to her lashlines and pulled it out toward the edges. She took the shadow instinct and blended it into the center of her lids, and brought that same shade onto her lower lashlines to bring everything together.
- She finished by painting her lashes with three coats of lights, camera, flashes statement mascara.