Posts tagged academy awards
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
Sunday night is the 82nd Annual Academy Awards and we can’t wait to tune in! Between the dresses, makeup, hair & actual entertainment we can’t get enough of the incredible talent. If you haven’t already, check out my vlog on our party treats (this page over to the right on “tarte TV”) I will be serving guests Oscar cookies from Eleni’s and some champagne (for those 21+). Obviously, I didn’t want to leave our favorite tarte fans out in all the glamour fun, so I am also hosting a weekend long contest for a very coveted tarte product that’s certainly award worthy!! Here are the details:
- Comment below or on our Facebook page your guess for the winner of Best Actress, Best Actor & this mystery tarte prize by 3/7 (5pm PST/8pm EST).
- If you guess all three correct before the show, then you enter yourself into a random drawing for the mystery tarte prize.
- P.S. GOOD LUCK!! This product is not available anywhere and is never coming back