Posts tagged amazonian clay 12-hour blush
“Our inspiration was iridescence. Jenna wore opals and had a hint of mother of pearl in her dress so we wanted something with a touch of shimmer.” celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams
To create actress, and soon-to-be mommy, Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s look for the Oscars Kayleen McAdams used all tarte products. More >
Nothing brightens up your face like a swipe of blush! But when it comes to finding the perfect shade, it’s important to consider your skin tone. Sure you love the way a swath of neon pink looks on an olive-toned runway model, but can that really work for you? While super saturated pigments tend to work best for darker and fairer skin tones, light, pinky hues are perfect for those with fair skin; they may get lost on darker complexions.
But fear not tartlettes, we created the ultimate blush guide. We‘ve broken it down by skin tone (fair, medium and deep) to help you find the perfect hue to match your complexion! And don’t be afraid to mix and match – that’s what makeup is for, right?! More >
It may just be the season, hello V-Day, but we love the bursts of pink and flashes of red suddenly popping up on every sidewalk in New York City. Whether you’re in the mood for love, or you just want to shake off the dark, dull colors of winter, sporting a key fashion piece from the rose to rouge color spectrum is must this February. And really, is there a better month to pair a fuchsia purse or a pair of candy apple sunnies with beautifully flushed cheeks or a bright red pout? More >
We’ll admit it: we can be a bit flighty, but when it comes to our beauty regimen, we make sure our makeup routine changes with the seasons — yours should too. Bronzer just doesn’t have the same bombshell effect in the winter! Here are our top cold-weather beauty tips. More >
We’re partnering with YouTube beauty guru, Holly Ann-AeRee and YOU to support Young Survival Coalition during Breast Cancer Awareness month. Watch Holly’s video below, and enter here for a chance to win this amazing hope for a cure pink package and help us support young women with breast cancer.
American sweetheart Julianne Hough shook things up at the Emmys this year. The blond beauty went daring with both her plunging neckline and her against-type hair style, and while the vote is still out whether the risk paid off, one thing we know for sure is that her skin looked absolutely flawless — thanks to celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern and tarte cosmetics!
“I wanted her makeup to look as if she were a black and white photograph come to life.” –celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern
- “I prepped Julianne’s skin with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to give the skin a deep infusion of moisture and glow.”
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
Still haven’t stocked-up on your back to school necessities? No worries, we’ve wrangled two of our favorite beauty and lifestyle gurus, Tracy and Stefanie from Eleventh Gorgeous, to give you their foolproof tips on starting the new semester in style.
Plus, check out their back to school ‘what’s in my backpack’ video and learn how to get 20% off tarte.com.
Would you wear sweatpants or jeans to class and why?
Tracy: My go-to outfit would be jeans, a cute top, and sandals. If I’m running late, I’d wear yoga pants and a t-shirt and throw my hair up in a ponytail. More >
To begin Stephen used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof concealer in medium to even out Hailee’s complexion.He then used tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to buff in Hailee’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in medium to create a flawless complexion.
-Stephen used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in exposed, a warm nude, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
-He started by applying tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke on her lids.
-To add further definition, he used tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in bronze as a shadow along Hailee’s lash line to make her eyes pop.
-He finished by lining her eyes with tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in black.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera lashes!™ 4-in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
This week we’re scoping out Celeste’s space. She’s tarte’s retail operations and logistics associate — she makes sure that the right products make it into the right hands at exactly the right time.
Aside from being a logistical mastermind, she’s a true girly-girly and genuine southern belle. Need proof, just check out her desk:
2. Press hits: “I love seeing our products in beauty and fashion magazines — my friends text me saying tarte is everywhere this month!”
3. Family picture: “This my dad and me at the Swan Ball. I’m a Nashville native; I miss home all the time.”
4. Inspiration Board: “I keep folders of images that I love and occasionally print out a particularly spectacular one to add to my collection.”
5. A print out of a portrait of her grandmother Celeste Casey Reed: “‘Cecy’ was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She looks so elegant and glamorous here — Ann Street of Nashville did this portrait.”
6. Flash drives: “Remember that famous Sex and the City conversation ‘When was the last time you backed up?’ I save everything important on flash drives, it’s too easy to lose things these days.”
7. tarte picture perfect™ eyelash curler: “I can’t use any other curler. This one is the best.”
8. Sparkling water or seltzer: “This is a must have for me. I love to add lemons to regular seltzer or just buy the flavored ones. They’re refreshing and delicious.”
9. A wooden lady bug: “Whenever some of the tarte team goes on business aboard, they’ll bring us back souvenirs. This lady bug was part of a little paper holder that said ‘you smell’ – typical professional behavior! I think its been on my keyboard for 4 years now.”
What’s on your desk?