Posts tagged Amazonian clay finishing powder
Celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher created Selena Gomez’s look for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party using tarte products. Find out how to recreate the look at home. More >
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis created Lea Michele’s look for the Teen Choice Awards using tarte products.Keep reading to learn how to get the look!
overall inspiration: “I wanted to keep Carly’s boho, rocker feel with shimmering cheeks, but add a vintage glam twist with a rich, dark lip.” –makeup artist Desirae Cherman for tarte
- Desirae prepped Carly’s skin with tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer.
- Then she mixed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s Amazonian clay illuminating serum and buffed it into Carly’s skin with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to create a luminous glow.
- She set Carly’s look in place with tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To give Carly a sunkissed glow, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, then swirled tarte’s cheek stain in loving (available at Ulta in July) on the apples of her cheeks, followed by a dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmer powder in champagne along the tops of her cheekbones and cupid’s bow to create extra radiance.
- Desirae prepped her lids with tarte’s clean slate 360 creaseless™ 12-hr smoothing primer.
- Then she brushed a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II onto Carly’s lids.
- To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze in her creases and along the outer corners of her lids.
- To make her eyes pop, she lined her upper and lower lashlines with tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black, blending the color onto her lids and just slightly past the corners.
- For extra volume Desirae applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven 4-in-1 mascara.
- To ensure Carly’s vintage-glam look, Desirae swiped tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in envy on to give her pout a rich hue.
overall inspiration: ”To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
As vampy vixen Pam on the show, Kristin Bauer looked every bit her character when she stepped in to Sephora 5 Times Square for our Fashion’s Night Out event last Thursday. It was a look to die for, with sparkling crimson lips, a just-bitten flush, and smoldering vixen eyes thanks to the tarte™ for True Blood™ collection.
Once we saw Kristin, we knew we would be recreating the look on ourselves at home, so we asked tarte makeup artist Tony Ballard to share how he achieved Kristin’s vampy glam:
Overall Inspiration: “I was inspired by Kristin’s True Blood® character Pam – I wanted her to be sassy, but still classic with a strong red lip.”
complexion & cheeks
-Tony smoothed Kristin’s complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 12.
-He set her complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder.
-From the tarte™ for True Blood™ palette, he applied a soft wash of “the light,” a shimmering warm ivory over the entire lid, and then highlighted Kristin’s crease with “dusk,” a matte warm taupe.
-For extra drama to celebrate the evening, he used tarte’s multiplEYE™ lash enhancing liquid liner in black along her upper lash line.
-He then coated her top and bottom lashes with tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
-To complete Kristin’s look, Tony used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in fiery, a matte red, on her sexy pout.
Are you daring enough to try this look yourself? Show us! Post pictures of your vampy vixen self on our Facebook page.
With tarte’s natural line of bronzing products there is no excuse to step out with a see through complexion during the summertime. Remember, there is no such thing as a healthy suntan so if you’re looking for products that give instant faux glow results while leaving your skin looking and feeling gorgeous, you’ve come to the right place. As a self proclaimed reformed sun worshiper, I’m conscious of skin-cancer risks but I still love the way my skin looks tan so whenever there is a new bronzing product being passed around the office- I’m always the first to try. Here is my expert advice on how to get an allover gorgeous glow without the harmful rays. My favorite everyday summer product is tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze. This lightweight product mattifies my skin (since it tends to get oily after hours in sun) and gives me a gorgeous natural bronzed glow with every application. Love that! I also rely on tarte’s glam gams to transform my pale stems to bronzed and beautiful; giving me the confidence I need to step out on a hot summer night.
What tarte product do you rely on for a natural summer glow?