Posts tagged Amazonian clay illuminating serum
overall inspiration: “I wanted to keep Carly’s boho, rocker feel with shimmering cheeks, but add a vintage glam twist with a rich, dark lip.” –makeup artist Desirae Cherman for tarte
- Desirae prepped Carly’s skin with tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer.
- Then she mixed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s Amazonian clay illuminating serum and buffed it into Carly’s skin with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to create a luminous glow.
- She set Carly’s look in place with tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To give Carly a sunkissed glow, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, then swirled tarte’s cheek stain in loving (available at Ulta in July) on the apples of her cheeks, followed by a dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmer powder in champagne along the tops of her cheekbones and cupid’s bow to create extra radiance.
- Desirae prepped her lids with tarte’s clean slate 360 creaseless™ 12-hr smoothing primer.
- Then she brushed a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II onto Carly’s lids.
- To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze in her creases and along the outer corners of her lids.
- To make her eyes pop, she lined her upper and lower lashlines with tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black, blending the color onto her lids and just slightly past the corners.
- For extra volume Desirae applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven 4-in-1 mascara.
- To ensure Carly’s vintage-glam look, Desirae swiped tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in envy on to give her pout a rich hue.
It would appear that we’re in the midst of a Hollywood baby boom! Every day another celeb announces that she’s about to join the baby-on-board club. While maternity fashion has come a long way in the past few decades, it can still be a challenge to rock the bump in formal wear. Here, we’ve rounded up a hand full of ladies with the fashion chops to make pregnancy look utterly chic!
Who do you think wins Best Dressed Mommy in the Making?
Not yet ready for your own bundle of joy? Fake that incredible mommy-to-be glow with our smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum.
Hollywood makeup artist Florido Basallo used tarte cosmetics to create actress Jennifer Carpenter’s glowing look for last night’s Emmys.
The Inspiration: “Jennifer’s dress for the Emmy’s was gleaming with elegance. I wanted to complement it by giving her glowing, sun-kissed skin, with lined lids and lashes.” –Florido Basallo
Eyes: For fluttery lashes, he double coated her lashes using tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara, then lined her eyes with tarte’s multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner to define her lashline. He also added definition to her brows with tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof brow mousse in taupe.
Lips: For a simple yet sexy shot of shine, he added tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in adored.
Finishing Touch: He spritzed tarte’s celebutante moisturizing dry oil spray over her décolletage, arms and legs for a glistening final touch.
Tell us what you thought of Jennifer’s Emmy look on our Facebook page.