Posts tagged Amazonian clay shimmering powder
tarte’s wine week continues with today’s feature: whites! Can you think of anything more refreshing on a hot summer afternoon than a glass of chilled white wine? We sip this pale-hued vino in the colder months, too – especially when we’re munching on veggie dishes, pastas, or fish. Of course, if you’re prone to spillage (as we are), you know that white is the choice when light-colored clothing or drink-in-hand dancing might be involved.
Not all whites are created equal, however – they can range from clear, crisp, and grassy to golden, sweet, and rich. Below, a primer on a few of our favorite shades of white… and outfits to go with them all.
This week we’re scoping out Celeste’s space. She’s tarte’s retail operations and logistics associate — she makes sure that the right products make it into the right hands at exactly the right time.
Aside from being a logistical mastermind, she’s a true girly-girly and genuine southern belle. Need proof, just check out her desk:
2. Press hits: “I love seeing our products in beauty and fashion magazines — my friends text me saying tarte is everywhere this month!”
3. Family picture: “This my dad and me at the Swan Ball. I’m a Nashville native; I miss home all the time.”
4. Inspiration Board: “I keep folders of images that I love and occasionally print out a particularly spectacular one to add to my collection.”
5. A print out of a portrait of her grandmother Celeste Casey Reed: “‘Cecy’ was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She looks so elegant and glamorous here — Ann Street of Nashville did this portrait.”
6. Flash drives: “Remember that famous Sex and the City conversation ‘When was the last time you backed up?’ I save everything important on flash drives, it’s too easy to lose things these days.”
7. tarte picture perfect™ eyelash curler: “I can’t use any other curler. This one is the best.”
8. Sparkling water or seltzer: “This is a must have for me. I love to add lemons to regular seltzer or just buy the flavored ones. They’re refreshing and delicious.”
9. A wooden lady bug: “Whenever some of the tarte team goes on business aboard, they’ll bring us back souvenirs. This lady bug was part of a little paper holder that said ‘you smell’ – typical professional behavior! I think its been on my keyboard for 4 years now.”
What’s on your desk?
Oh tartelettes, have we got a holiday deal for you!
From now until 12/24 you’ll get a free multiplEYE lash enhancer – a $65 value — when you buy our puttin’ on the glitz limited-edition color collection & clutch at any Ulta store or at ulta.com.
For a store purchase, grab your lash enhancer when you pick up our puttin’ on the glitz palette – before you head up to the register. Once there, the clerk will scan the lash enhancer, but you won’t be charged! That’s right, this $65, clinically proven lash enhancer is yours FREE! This is one of our biggest promotions of the year, and our way of saying “Thank YOU for being such wonderful tartelettes!”
Our puttin’ on the glitz limited-edition color collection is a versatile, chic little clutch, one PureOptic™ lip gloss, three palettes that include 18 eyeshadows, one Amazonian clay 12-hour blush, one Amazonian clay shimmering powder and one park ave princess Amazonian clay bronzer – all of which retails for $48. Plus, the palettes snap in and out of the clutch, so you can take your favorite shades with you!
Basically, we took one incredible deal and made it all that much sweeter! So what are you waiting for tartelettes? Get shopping!
As vampy vixen Pam on the show, Kristin Bauer looked every bit her character when she stepped in to Sephora 5 Times Square for our Fashion’s Night Out event last Thursday. It was a look to die for, with sparkling crimson lips, a just-bitten flush, and smoldering vixen eyes thanks to the tarte™ for True Blood™ collection.
Once we saw Kristin, we knew we would be recreating the look on ourselves at home, so we asked tarte makeup artist Tony Ballard to share how he achieved Kristin’s vampy glam:
Overall Inspiration: “I was inspired by Kristin’s True Blood® character Pam – I wanted her to be sassy, but still classic with a strong red lip.”
complexion & cheeks
-Tony smoothed Kristin’s complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 12.
-He set her complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder.
-From the tarte™ for True Blood™ palette, he applied a soft wash of “the light,” a shimmering warm ivory over the entire lid, and then highlighted Kristin’s crease with “dusk,” a matte warm taupe.
-For extra drama to celebrate the evening, he used tarte’s multiplEYE™ lash enhancing liquid liner in black along her upper lash line.
-He then coated her top and bottom lashes with tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
-To complete Kristin’s look, Tony used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in fiery, a matte red, on her sexy pout.
Are you daring enough to try this look yourself? Show us! Post pictures of your vampy vixen self on our Facebook page.