Posts tagged Brigitte Bardot
Your eyes are the windows to your soul; let the world know how you feel with your eye makeup. Sly and sexy, or fearless and trendy…what’s your eyeliner personality? More >
overall inspiration: “To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
Striking and boldly feminine, the cat eye is a makeup classic. That thick slash of black eyeliner on the top lid is both girlie and mysterious — and it’s definitely back in style.
While the ladies of Mad Men have been sporting the look for a couple of years now, new shows like Pam Am — an office obsession — and The Playboy Club — no one’s obsession — have made it hard to escape the timeless style, no matter what channel you’re on. Considering that the cat eye was originally popularized by beauty icons as versatile as Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn and factory girl Eddie Sedgwick, why wouldn’t you give it a try?
So go ahead, dip your toe into the pool of retro glam. In fact we’ll help you take the plunge. We asked Jen to film a quick and easy beginners guide to applying a softer, daytime cat eye with our multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid eyeliner. Check it out and let us know what you think!