Posts tagged bumble and bumble
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
who: Kim Schifino, drummer and vocalist for the dance punk duo Matt and Kim.
claim to fame: Known for their do-it-yourself additude toward music and the fact that they’re almost always on tour, the band’s tunes have also been featured on TV shows like Community, Entourage, Skins and Chuck, along with a handful of commercials and films.
her gift list:
1. LipSurgence™ lip tints: “I have chapped lips year-round so I always need to keep them covered. I always have a lipstick or chapstick in hand and you should too — incase I lose mine and need to borrow yours!”
2. Eco-chic greeting cards and gift tags from Paper Playne: “Similar to downloading a song, you download a file and you can print out your own Holiday stationary so you can enjoy the designs over and over agan. Here’s a free download for the gift tags.”
3. Clarisonic: “I sweat my @#& off on stage. I use this after every performance to give my skin the ultimate cleaning. Maybe I will get one for Matt? Haha.”
4. Matt and Kim Sidewalks: “I listen to Sidewalks all the time. You should too!”
5. Bumble and bumble curl conscious reactivating mist: “For my sister, who has curly/wavy hair like me. We both love it!”
6. Restoration Hardware Luxury Plush Throw: “I have three of these. One for the couch, one for our bed, and one for the tour bus! If you buy three of something then you know it’s good!”
7. LEGO Architecture Empire State Building: “I may have already picked this up for someone who I’m with all the time! SHHH Don’t tell him!”
8. tarte aqua-gel eyeliners: “I have these in every color.”
For more info on Kim, visit mattandkimmusic.com. And stay tuned for more unique gift guides as we feature the holiday picks of one of our friends or family members each day, all week long!
This weekend tarte had the pleasure of kicking off Fashion Week at the Bryant Park Hotel with eco-chic designer Susan Woo! Despite all the chaos backstage, I was able to interview Susan (we’ll be posting the video on YouTube this week) and hear about her Medieval armor inspiration for the Fall 2010 collection. The one thing she consistently mentioned was that this modern-day woman is an effortless beauty. Collaborating with the tarte team, natural makeup artist Tina Turnbow complimented the wearable organic wools & cottons with a natural look for the presentation. The makeup was all about dewy, luminous skin with slightly flushed cheeks and berry stain on the lips. With glowing skin and tousled tresses by Bumble & Bumble, it’s definitely a look that’s easy to recreate and great to rock both day & night. Oh, also spotted looking flawless at the presentation was The Hills’ Olivia Palermo. Love her.