Posts tagged cheek stain
American sweetheart Julianne Hough shook things up at the Emmys this year. The blond beauty went daring with both her plunging neckline and her against-type hair style, and while the vote is still out whether the risk paid off, one thing we know for sure is that her skin looked absolutely flawless — thanks to celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern and tarte cosmetics!
“I wanted her makeup to look as if she were a black and white photograph come to life.” –celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern
- “I prepped Julianne’s skin with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to give the skin a deep infusion of moisture and glow.”
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
In these last few weeks of summer, we still have a handful of outdoorsy events to attend — hello Labor Day! Why not spend them in the most quintessential warm-weather item: shorts? No longer relegated to the most casual of occasions, there are now shorts for pretty much any occasion. Send off summer in style, in these four types of shorts. More >
Back to school — there’s something about the phrase that makes us feel giddy. Whether it’s returning to the halls you’ve been strolling for the past few years, setting up a dorm room for the first time, or heading back to the classroom as an adult with a career, going back to school is always exciting, nerve-wrecking, and, kind of a big deal. And the best part?
The prep: new clothes, new supplies, new books…it’s not something to be taken lightly. With that in mind we turned to a handful of bloggers and vloggers for some tips and stories to prepare you for your most memorable and productive semester yet.
First up: Carly of thecollegeprepster.com, a recent college grad who’s blog covers everything from fashion know-how to study tricks. We asked her to gives us the low down on what back to school is really about. Added bonus: check out Carly’s back-to-school must haves and get a special discount code for 20% off tarte.com!
Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis created Lea Michele’s look for the Teen Choice Awards using tarte products.Keep reading to learn how to get the look!
As our online marketing manager, Staci is all business. Part number cruncher, part saleswomen, she’s tasked with getting our products in to the hands of tartelettes across the nation. She also has a creative streak and an appreciation for beauty, like everyone in the tarte office. We stopped by her desk to see what she needs within arms reach on the daily.
- Flowers: “This gorgeous arrangement was a surprise delivery. It definitely added the perfect pop of color on an rainy spring day.”
- Family photos: “I love photos — here’s one of my best girlfriends from growing up; another of me, my mom and my sister; and a bunch of my bulldog, Charley. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t surf, I just love the beach!”
- Go orange card: “I graduated from Syracuse — Go Orange!”
- Calculator: “I rely on my calculator — there’s never a day that I’m not crunching numbers.”
- Hand sanitizer: ”I may have been called germ-a-phobic once or twice in my life…but hey, we live in NYC, hand sanitizer is essential post-subway.”
- LipSurgence™ lip tint: “My fave shade this spring is charmed. It’s the perfect shade of pink for my complexion.”
- Julep Nail Care: “My cousin turned me on to Julep for nail care. This growth serum is amazing!”
- tarte check stain and a photo of her boyfriend and dog: “I use true love cheek stain on a daily basis…how ironic that it’s placed right next to a picture of my boyfriend, Andrew, and our dog, Charley.”
- iPhone: “Whether I’m updating tarte.com on the go, or just staying in touch, this phone is a must-have for me.”
- maracuja divine shine lip gloss: “One of my coworkers turned me on to the layering look – I use LipSurgence™ lip tint in charmed and then layer it with maracuja divine shine for an ultra-glossy smile.”
During Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, tarte’s celebrity makeup artist Tony Ballard created beautiful looks for the CW’s Plain Jane, Louise Roe and AMC’s Mad Men, Nora Zehtner. Both were spotted at Andy & Debb’s Spring 2011 Presentation last week rocking some tarte products! Look like a fashionista–here’s what Tony used:
Louise Roe at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Added a pop of color to her cheeks with tarte’s eco-cheek natural cheek stain
- Created a clean, simple eye with shades from tarte’s femme naturale palette
- Really played up the lashes with several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
Nora Zehtner at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Created a flawless complexion with tarte’s ReCreate anti-aging foundation
- Highlighted skin with tarte’s smooth operator illuminating serum
- Added a touch of pink glow with tarte’s TEN limited-edition natural cheek stain
- Created a classic, doe eye with tarte’s femme naturale palette, emphasEYES™ aqua-gel in black and several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
- For her pout, used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip stain in lucky mixed with tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip stain in lust.
From novelist (and certified Tarte-aholic) Kristin Harmel, the author of six books, including Italian for Beginners and After
I am endlessly drawn to the Tarte display at Sephora. I giggle at the lip gloss names. I try on the different cheek stains. And on one recent trip, I even found myself stopping a startled stranger and gushing about how great Tarte is. That’s the day I knew for sure that I had a problem.
I was trying to kick the habit, really I was. And then Candace and Kristin from Tarte asked if I wanted to blog for Tarte this month. Now, here I am, more addicted than ever! I fear the cycle will never end!
I first met the Tarte gals when I wrote a magazine article about Tarte founder Maureen Kelly in 2006. It was the kindness of everyone associated with Tarte that drew me in initially, but I truly became a devotee once I started using the products. Now, here I am, happily addicted!
I’m looking forward to chatting with you this month! I’ll tell you all about my novels – and how I use Tarte to get ready for my TV appearances – next week. But in the meantime, I’ll leave you with a list of the Tarte products currently in my makeup bag!
- Face: Clean Slate Natural Face Primer
- Cheeks: Natural Cheekstain: Tipsy and Tickled
- Eyes: Eyeshadow in Bathtub Gin; Lock & Roll in Gunmetal; Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara
- Lips: Lip stain in Moody, topped with lip gloss in Roger & Mimi
(Photo credit: Robin Best Gage)