Posts tagged eyes
What shade would you dare to wear?
The beautiful Kate Bosworth arrived at the premiere of L!fe Happens not only wearing a gorgeous pink number, but also decked out in tarte. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine wanted to give her a look that would compliment her hot pink Richard Nicoll dress. She “opted for a simple and soft look to highlight Kate’s natural beauty.” She incorporated delicate pops of pink on her cheeks and lips. Following Amy’s easy steps, there’s no reason why you can’t replicate Kate’s look at home!
- To begin Amy applied tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 04 all over Kate’s skin with a foundation brush.
- For the area below her eyes, she used tarte’s new maracuja creaseless concealer in light.
- She then used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze as a contour on the hollows of the cheek
- For a subtle glow, she used tarte’s natural cheek stain in blissful, a warm peachy-pink, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface for a hint of pink.
- To ensure that her look lasted through the evening, Amy used tarte’s lifted natural eyelid primer.
- Using the new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette, Amy applied charmer (sparkling burnt copper/golden peach) in the crease and dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over the lid.
- For volume and separation on her upper lashes, Amy used tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To frame Kate’s eyes, Amy used tarte’s emphasEYES brow high definition eyebrow pencil in medium brown (one shade darker).
- To complete Kate’s “pretty in pink” look, Amy used tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in amused (bright pink) on her pout.
What tarte products are you wearing on your “red carpet”?
Before I even started flipping through the pages of July’s Essence magazine, I was mesmerized by the issue’s cover girl: the beautiful Jada Pinkett Smith. Jada’s makeup looks absolutely flawless and it’s a great day & night look. Her immaculate complexion & lightly glossed lips really make her indigo cat-eyes pop right off the page. I’ll admit blue liner is not something I would typically reach for, but this oceanic hue is a hot summer trend that brightens the white’s of your eyes on a whole new level! It’s actually super simple to replicate with a cream liner. My fave is tarte’s emphasEYES™ clay shadow/liner in indigo (Essence gave its nod of approval as well, because it’s featured in plum on page 30 of this issue!); it even comes with the appropriate brush for the perfect application!