Posts tagged get the look
“After seeing Amy’s gorgeous Giambattista Valli cream colored gown, I was inspired to transform her into a classic, “Old Hollywood” movie star.”-Stephen Sollitto, celebrity makeup artist
Makeup artist tip: “clean slate 360 poreless™ 12-hr perfecting primer is ideal for oilier areas like your nose, chin, and under eyes—it’s great for minimizing the appearance of your pores and filling in any fine lines! Then smooth clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer on your cheeks and forehead—it has a slight sheen which looks great under foundation and makes your complexion look more luminous.” – Stephen Sollitto
-To begin Stephen used tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer to prep Amy’s face.
-Using tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, he buffed in tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in light for a perfect satin finish.
-Next, Stephen swirled tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blushing bride on Amy’s cheeks, followed by a light layer of tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on her cheek bones to create radiance and a subtle sheen.
-Stephen started with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II on Amy’s lids.
-To add further definition, he applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke along her lashlines and into her creases.
-He finished by lining her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner and drawing outward to create a cat-eye.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-1in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
-To finish Amy’s look, Stephen filled in her lips with tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance lipstick in wild to make her lips pop. (*out exclusively at Sephora in July 2012)
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Emmy picked a gorgeous buttercup yellow Oliver Tolentino 50′s silhouette party dress that was made out of pineapple and hemp fibers for the Global Green Oscar Party, so I wanted to use tarte as it’s my favorite green makeup line that’s at the forefront of beauty. Inspired by the sweetness of the dress’s color and form, I chose a color palette of sherbets and bubble gum, perfectly suited for spring.” – Amy Nadine, celebrity makeup artist
For a light and dewy finish, Amy mixed smooth operator™ Amazonian clay Illuminating serum with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.
Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in dollface for a sheer candy pink with a hint of shimmer starting on the apples of her cheeks.
For a wash of apricot color, she swept soft sienna from tarte’s femme naturale eyeshadow palette all over her lids followed by soft petal pink along the crease. She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara in black.
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
At tarte we love events! Yes, I had to yell it but we do. It’s such a wonderful opportunity to showcase our artistry and be a part of new, unique projects. That being said when Celebrity Makeup Artist Geoffrey Rodriguez asked tarte to be the makeup sponsor for Teen Vogue’s 8th Annual Young Hollywood event it took us less than 2 seconds to hop on board. Held at the Paramount Studios in Hollywood this past weekend, the “who’s who” of Young Hollywood came out to have a great time and enjoy the trendiest of runway shows.
Geoffrey teamed up with tarte’s in-house artist Tracy Davis to create a look that was fresh, fun and effortless. Of course, I want to share with you all the goodies in their tarte bag of tricks! Here’s what they used:
Complexion: ReCreate™ silicone-free primer used lightly– just to perfect skin
Eyes: Use an assortment of shades from the Femme Naturale natural eye palette. Apply emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner in black to the top lashline—exaggerated then smudged in the center to create a light smokey line. Use one coat of lights, camera, lashes! natural 4-in-1 mascara for dramatic lashes.
Check out event images above from both backstage and the step-and-repeat. I hope you love it just as much as the glossy pages of their mag
During Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, tarte’s celebrity makeup artist Tony Ballard created beautiful looks for the CW’s Plain Jane, Louise Roe and AMC’s Mad Men, Nora Zehtner. Both were spotted at Andy & Debb’s Spring 2011 Presentation last week rocking some tarte products! Look like a fashionista–here’s what Tony used:
Louise Roe at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Added a pop of color to her cheeks with tarte’s eco-cheek natural cheek stain
- Created a clean, simple eye with shades from tarte’s femme naturale palette
- Really played up the lashes with several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
Nora Zehtner at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Created a flawless complexion with tarte’s ReCreate anti-aging foundation
- Highlighted skin with tarte’s smooth operator illuminating serum
- Added a touch of pink glow with tarte’s TEN limited-edition natural cheek stain
- Created a classic, doe eye with tarte’s femme naturale palette, emphasEYES™ aqua-gel in black and several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
- For her pout, used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip stain in lucky mixed with tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip stain in lust.