Posts tagged get the look
“I wanted Rosie to look like a punk princess so I gave her a strong brow and lip, and kept the rest of her face really fresh. It made her punk element feel more modern.” – celebrity makeup artist Monika Blunder for tarte
Become the ultimate punk princess! Keep reading to learn how to create this look at home. More >
“Kerry represents classic beauty with an edge and the Vera Wang dress she chose is classic with a punk twist. The stunning violets and blacks in the dress inspired me to create Kerry’s bold, smoky eye.” – Carola Gonzalez, celebrity makeup artist
For the Metropolitan Museum of Art annual gala — often referred to as the Oscars of Fashion — celebrities go all out, working with stylists to craft intricate looks fit for the fête’s theme. This year’s theme? Punk. And celebrity makeup artist Carola Gonzalez used all tarte products to create an edgy, sultry look for Kerry Washington. Love this look? Keep reading to learn how to get it at home! More >
“We always love to go very 60s with Zooey’s makeup, so we look at Brigitte Bardot and Twiggy for inspiration. We went with a modern Zooey version that made her blue eyes pop.” - Jorjee Douglass, celebrity makeup artist
Jorjee Douglass used tarte to create Zooey Deschanel’s ultra femme and chicly retro look for the 2013 Golden Globes.
“After seeing Amy’s gorgeous Giambattista Valli cream colored gown, I was inspired to transform her into a classic, “Old Hollywood” movie star.”-Stephen Sollitto, celebrity makeup artist
Makeup artist tip: “clean slate 360 poreless™ 12-hr perfecting primer is ideal for oilier areas like your nose, chin, and under eyes—it’s great for minimizing the appearance of your pores and filling in any fine lines! Then smooth clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer on your cheeks and forehead—it has a slight sheen which looks great under foundation and makes your complexion look more luminous.” – Stephen Sollitto
-To begin Stephen used tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer to prep Amy’s face.
-Using tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, he buffed in tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in light for a perfect satin finish.
-Next, Stephen swirled tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blushing bride on Amy’s cheeks, followed by a light layer of tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on her cheek bones to create radiance and a subtle sheen.
-Stephen started with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II on Amy’s lids.
-To add further definition, he applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke along her lashlines and into her creases.
-He finished by lining her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner and drawing outward to create a cat-eye.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-1in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
-To finish Amy’s look, Stephen filled in her lips with tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance lipstick in wild to make her lips pop. (*out exclusively at Sephora in July 2012)
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Emmy picked a gorgeous buttercup yellow Oliver Tolentino 50′s silhouette party dress that was made out of pineapple and hemp fibers for the Global Green Oscar Party, so I wanted to use tarte as it’s my favorite green makeup line that’s at the forefront of beauty. Inspired by the sweetness of the dress’s color and form, I chose a color palette of sherbets and bubble gum, perfectly suited for spring.” – Amy Nadine, celebrity makeup artist
For a light and dewy finish, Amy mixed smooth operator™ Amazonian clay Illuminating serum with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.
Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in dollface for a sheer candy pink with a hint of shimmer starting on the apples of her cheeks.
For a wash of apricot color, she swept soft sienna from tarte’s femme naturale eyeshadow palette all over her lids followed by soft petal pink along the crease. She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara in black.
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
Like a lot of you, we’ve been swept away by ABC’s new fairytale drama Once Upon a Time. The show’s premise is that all of our favorite childhood storybook characters have been cursed, forced to live in modern times, had their memories wiped and are all inhabiting a small town in Maine. Not only is this a refreshing take on the Brothers Grimm, but the dual timeline gives the actors the opportunity to play two characters, showcasing various personalities, styles and beauty looks.
Take one of our favorite cast members, Ginnifer Goodwin. The actress, whose gamine face has pretty much ensured her the ingénue role for the rest of the decade, manages to pull off two flawless and fashionable looks simultaneously. As pre-cursed Snow White and modern schoolteacher Mary Margaret Blanchard, she frequently swaps out one color palette for another in a single episode, sporting icy cool shades in one scene and a sweet, dewy look in the next.
Bravo Ginny! You nail them both.
Fancy yourself a modern Snow White, or do you think you rock the soft, sweet style of a small town beauty? To achieve either character’s pristine porcelain look follow the how-to below.
Snow White’s cool beauty:
Complexion: provocateur pressed mineral powder in fair
Lashes: lights, camera, lashes! mascara
Mary Margaret Blanchard’s lovely, warm glow:
Complexion: smooth sperator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 06
We love our Brits: the attitude, the accents, the style! Take Emily Blunt for instance, she not only has amazing cheekbones but a fantastic fashion sense as well. Emily always looks put together and her classic, yet modern wardrobe makes her this week’s style star. Perhaps she picked up a few style tips while on the set of The Devil Wears Prada — but I have a hunch she was just born chic!
Absolutely adorable, fashionably fearless, we tip our trendy caps to you Emily.
For a girl who says style isn’t one of her priorities, she definitely sports some stunning outfits. Then again, working with Rachel Zoe to update your wardrobe can’t hurt.
The daughter of rocker Steven Tyler and model Bebe Buell, Liv Tyler has spent most of her life in the spotlight, and over the years has transformed her usually low-key style to a more sleekly classic wardrobe — making her a full-force fashionista. And I might add, she’s looking more lean and fit than ever. Perhaps her more conservative style will eventually rub off on her parents.
Five stars for Liv Tyler. Rock on!