Posts tagged Hillary Scott
The Academy of Country Music Awards – the country music world’s self-declared “Party of the Year” – kicked off to a rollickin’, country-lovin’ good time last night with a boot-tapping performance by Carrie Underwood. Hosted by Reba McIntire and Blake Shelton, the evening was full of performances, both fun (as with a rousing, booze-soaked rendition of “Red Solo Cup”) and heartfelt. Of course, it being a country kinda night, there was enough sparkly cleavage, formal denim, and big hair to last us all year. Amidst these Texas-size accoutrements, however, there were a few fashion standouts. Here, we’ve declared our red-carpet winners from last night’s ACMA’s.
The Little Big Town singer stood out from her group in a gorgeous sequined dress. Love the wavey, Missoni-esque print – and the daring neckline!
All photos courtesy Yahoo!
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.