Posts tagged holiday gift guide
An award-winning comedian and writer, Sara Benincasa has a natural talent for eliciting laughter and accolades. We first fell in love with her through her book Agorafabulous! Dispatches From My Bedroom, a personal and touching account of her battle with agoraphobia — it’s also “freaking hilarious” according to Newsweek.com.
We were curious to see what this witty lady would be giving and getting this holiday. She graciously gave us a peek. More >
Creator of U Don’t Need a Man, U Need a Manicure, Jessica Washick has taken DIY nail art to a whole new level. A true tartelette, Jessica created a nail design inspired by the packaging of our 2012 Holiday line. Then the ambidextrous creative genius wowed us by applying laquer to both of her hands! In awe or her talent and chic aesthetic, we knew she would have a gift list to envy. Check our her top gift picks of the season.
One of our favorite rock & roll divas, Kim Schifino (the female half of the indie dance duo Matt & Kim) is a fearless, stylish and hilarious tartelette! Check out #MKrealtalk to see what we mean. She also lives by a cruelty-free philosophy, so when it came time to plan Matt & Kim’s Fall 2012 Lightning Tour, the duo arranged to host that city’s no-kill animal shelter in the concert venue’s lobby. This gave concert-goers the opportunity to learn how they can help keep their community a no-kill area. We’re very proud to call her a tartelette — but not too proud to snoop through her holiday gift list!
You’ve probably heard of Emily Eddington, a well-known beauty blogger, highly respected YouTube beauty guru and former morning news anchor, she knows a thing or two about beauty — and how to look bright-eyed and beautiful before the morning sun has even cracked the horizon. She’s been feaured in a slew of magazines and is slowly become a nationally recognized beauty expert. Of coure we were dying to know what she had on her holiday gift list.
So we asked her. And here’s what she told us!
Blogger, model, fashion designer, and “it kid” – à la Nylon Magazine — Audrey Kitching has definitely made an impression on us. A funky cross between girly and punk, she’s a pop culture princess, social media maven and bona fide trendsetter. Safe to say we’ve got a major girl crush on her. So you can just imagine how excited we were when she gave us a peek at her holiday gift list!
What does the hippest of the hip want to give and get this year? Keep reading to find out! More >
Product developer extraordinaire, CEO, beauty guru, working mom, beach lover…Maureen wears a lot of hats, and even those of us who work with her day in and day out wonder just what makes her tick. While we may never get a straight answer to that question, she did slow down enough to spill her holiday must-haves! More >
Kim, tarte’s resident numbers cruncher, is the one that ensures bills get paid, expense reports make sense and everything adds up at the end of the day. But when it comes to her personal style, not to mention her holiday gift list, she likes to add a pinch of color to her otherwise classical look. Check out the items that are topping her list this year: More >
Our digital marketing manager is one of the few people we know who can deftly, and flawlessly, navigate the fine line between quirky and couture — obviously she had to curate one of our gifts guides. Here are her top gift picks for the holiday season:
Have you been anxiously looking down your holiday gift list, knowing that some of those names will be expecting some very chic, glamorous gifts and you don’t have a clue where to get them? Stop stressing; we’ve tapped the tarte team, and some of our most fashionable nearest and dearest to curate a comprehensive selection of incredible holiday gifts. Whatever type of girl you’re shopping for, we got the perfect present for her.
First up, Candace, tarte’s director of communications. The glamorous new mommy is known around the office for eloquence, efficiency and sleek fashion savvy. Here are her top selects this holiday. More >
The holidays are here…and you’re still gift shopping?
First, relax. Then shake off that last-minute pressure, we’ve got you covered. We’ve tapped some of the keenest shoppers and most creative people we know in order to put together these unique gift guides filled with presents that are sure to please everyone on your list!
who: Jenna Daunais, tarte creative marketing manager
claim to fame: In 6th grade she got a paper route so she could buy fashion magazines because her mom said she had to be seventeen to read Seventeen. Today Jenna has STACKS of all the beauty & fashion magazines you could dream of on her desk & her favorite thing in the world is to come into the office in the morning (hot chai in hand) and see what’s new in the world of color & design. Her current obsession: tarte talk on pinterest.
her gift list:
1. cheek stain in blushing bride: “For my mom. This is her favorite cheek stain. It’s a gorgeous deep dusty, plumy rose and it looks amazing on her.”
2. Anslem Reyle “UNTITLED” paint and monochromatic foil installation: “This is what I am wishing for. Key word ‘wishing’. I love art and this is the dream piece.”
3. butter LONDON nail polish in yummy mummy: “My sister has two (adorable) little ones that keep her super busy so weekly mani pedis are just not possible. This is the prefect nude — plus, butter LONDON products are formulated without formaldehyde, toluene, DBP or parabens, which she & both appreciate.”
4. WEN by Chaz Dean winter vanilla mint cleansing conditioner: “I gave my little brother a sample of WEN that I got from a QVC event and now he’s hooked — it’s always in his gym bag. This seasonal edition smells like candy canes!”
5. Whiskey Stones: “The perfect host gift. Whiskey stones are odorless and tasteless cubes of solid soapstone that will chill your liquor without diluting it. unlike ice. Add them to your favorite libation and get the party started!”
6. Phillip Keel’s simple diary: “Simple diaries are not your average diaries. Everyday you’re prompted to answer a thought provoking inspired question. I love to do my daily entry with my morning latte to get a creative kick start to the day.”
7. puppy houndstooth bow tie collar: “My dog Fast Eddie is one of tarte’s resident office pups. Since he works with me in the creative department, he definitely needs to dress the part. I am getting him this green houndstooth bow tie to wear to the office in the new year.”
Check out the tarte office pups on our Pinterest page. They are SO cute!