Posts tagged LipSurgence lip luster
Most of us associate summertime with lazy weekends, laid-back outdoor get-togethers and wearing flip-flops 24-7 – or at least during waking hours. Summer is also synonymous with our favorite past time — the BBQ. This year we challenge you to take it up a notch.
This 4th of July, don’t just grill, make it an extraordinary event to remember. Choose a theme and party on in serious style.
Old School Clam Bake
Not in the mood for hot dogs and beer? Add a pinch of panache to your 4th by shelving the grill and hosting a clam bake. And don’t worry; you don’t have to dig the clams.
overall inspiration: “To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
the road to fitness: “After working in the fashion industry for a couple years, I realized that my appetite for fitness went far beyond daily workouts. Transitioning into the wellness and fitness arena has been the most satisfying and tiring decision of my career and life. As we say at Equinox “It’s not fitness, it’s life,” and it truly is just that!”
her gift list:
1. tarte LipSurgence™ lip luster in adored: “I love this color and consistency so much that I even wear it to Figure 4 – a barre class – because I face a mirror and love looking at my shimmery, girly lip hue. And it’s sweat resistant, who knew?”
2. Yogitoes yoga towel: “There is no need for slip and slide in Hot Yoga … it will ruin your practice.”
3. Hermes enamel bangle: “Every now and again, a fitness buff has to kick off her sneaks and go glam.”
4. Private Yoga sessions with Loren Bassett at Pure Yoga: “I like to power through my vinyasas to the point of serious exhaustion. Only Loren can take you to your edge — the one you never knew existed. As strong and mighty as she is, she is the most calming force.”
5 A series of blowouts by Mike Viggue : “He is a house-call only hair stylist who originally hails from Sally Hershberger Salon; The way his hands can morph your hair into the ultimate sexy look is almost illegal!”
6. Alive Program with Meredith Geller: “Working out is all fine and dandy, but ultimately feeding your body properly is crucial. You will only achieve the look you strive for with both components. Meredith will literally hold your hand through health food aisles!”
Summer may be coming to a close, but there are still a few beach days to enjoy before sweater season starts. To maximize what’s left of the warm weather, we asked Maureen to spill the contents of her bag and clue us in on what items she considers summer necessities.
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16 GB – Apple iOS 4 1 GHz in white
Klean Kanteen eco-friendly water bottle
Vintage purple scarf, from Brazil
The Bag: MICHAEL Michael Kors Santorini large straw basket
What are you packing in your purse? Share your handbag must-haves with us on Facebook.