Posts tagged LipSurgence Lip Tint
tarte’s Vice President of Marketing, Raquel, and our Assistant Vice President of Marketing, Candace, both welcomed baby boys into the world last fall. Today they give us the scoop on how motherhood has changed their lives and the contents of their handbags! More >
You’ve probably heard of Emily Eddington, a well-known beauty blogger, highly respected YouTube beauty guru and former morning news anchor, she knows a thing or two about beauty — and how to look bright-eyed and beautiful before the morning sun has even cracked the horizon. She’s been feaured in a slew of magazines and is slowly become a nationally recognized beauty expert. Of coure we were dying to know what she had on her holiday gift list.
So we asked her. And here’s what she told us!
Moody and romantic colors abound during this darkening season. One of our favorites is burgundy, whether in the form of a decorative accessory, a bold lip, or assertive shoe.
Tilly’s Full Tilt faux leather jacket; our LipSurgence™ lip tint in moody; Skullcandy’s Agent Alabama headphones; Leighton Milan umbrella; Lipault Paris carry-on; Gucci mary janes; and the Voluspa Classic Candle in Muscari.
We’re celebrating wine week here at tarte! If you’ve ever a had sip — or spilled a glass — of any of the red variations of this delicious libation you probably know two things for sure: the flavors are often complex and tantalizing, and the color is distinct and intense. To kick off the celebration, we’ve broken down a few of our favorite varietals by taste and color.
With all that talk of “lips as red as blood,” Snow White and the Huntsman has us inspired to revisit one of our favorite beauty weapons – the red lip. There’s a reason this classic look is a go-to for every type of girl, from fashionistas to prepsters to retro divas: it’s universally flattering and oh-so-sexy. Below, crimson shades for every occasion — ensuring that you’ll look the fairest of them all.
trendy red: LipSurgence™ lip tint in Spirited
At the premiere of Life Happens, Krysten Ritter rocked our very own feisty orange tint, a shade that has been all over the runways and street style blogs for the past few seasons.
Who doesn’t like a good sailor striped tee? Nautical style and ocean-bound looks never seem to go out of fashion, and they’re most appropriate for summertime. Here are a few ways you can add some maritime splash to your wardrobe – whether or not you’re spending your summer on a boat.
A classic blue-and-white stripe immediately conjures up visions of a fancy yacht on the French Riviera. Get in the mood with a striped t-shirt, like this one from J.Crew.
The name says it all. Channel your inner sailor with the old-school canvas version from Sperry.
pops of coral-red
Accessorize your look with a splash of lobster red. Nothing looks fresher when paired with a nautical palette of blues and whites. Try a red belt or bag – or go the easiest, prettiest route with a bright coral-red lip, courtesy tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in Spirited.
Gold chain jewelry is a mainstay among the yachting set. Regardless of your yacht-owning status, you can still dress the part! We love this simple bracelet from Michael Kors.
No sailor-ette would be caught dead without a bikini on hand- like this sweet anchor-print one from Lilly Pulitzer. A well-chosen two-piece can add a little chic to any seafaring vessel, regardless of its size or capabilities.
As our online marketing manager, Staci is all business. Part number cruncher, part saleswomen, she’s tasked with getting our products in to the hands of tartelettes across the nation. She also has a creative streak and an appreciation for beauty, like everyone in the tarte office. We stopped by her desk to see what she needs within arms reach on the daily.
- Flowers: “This gorgeous arrangement was a surprise delivery. It definitely added the perfect pop of color on an rainy spring day.”
- Family photos: “I love photos — here’s one of my best girlfriends from growing up; another of me, my mom and my sister; and a bunch of my bulldog, Charley. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t surf, I just love the beach!”
- Go orange card: “I graduated from Syracuse — Go Orange!”
- Calculator: “I rely on my calculator — there’s never a day that I’m not crunching numbers.”
- Hand sanitizer: “I may have been called germ-a-phobic once or twice in my life…but hey, we live in NYC, hand sanitizer is essential post-subway.”
- LipSurgence™ lip tint: “My fave shade this spring is charmed. It’s the perfect shade of pink for my complexion.”
- Julep Nail Care: “My cousin turned me on to Julep for nail care. This growth serum is amazing!”
- tarte check stain and a photo of her boyfriend and dog: “I use true love cheek stain on a daily basis…how ironic that it’s placed right next to a picture of my boyfriend, Andrew, and our dog, Charley.”
- iPhone: “Whether I’m updating tarte.com on the go, or just staying in touch, this phone is a must-have for me.”
- maracuja divine shine lip gloss: “One of my coworkers turned me on to the layering look – I use LipSurgence™ lip tint in charmed and then layer it with maracuja divine shine for an ultra-glossy smile.”
Much like your makeup bag or your purse, what you keep on your desk says a lot of about who you are. We decided to put some members of the tarte team under the microscope by unexpectedly snapping a photo of their workspace and then asking them to pick out their must-haves.
This week’s subject is Kate, our incredible PR coordinator. When it comes to mixing and mingling, planning the perfect gift bag, or pulling off any type of event, she’s our go-to gal. Let’s find out what she needs within arm’s reach to get through the day.
1. pure maracuja oil: “I always keep a bottle on my desk!”
2. Deborah Lippman nail polish in the shade Fashion: “This is the perfect nude color for everyday wear. P.S. I’m addicted to nail polish.”
3. Bag Balm: “I don’t leave home without this mini! It looks great over any lip color and is a lifesaver for my cuticles.”
5. Dogeared Make a Wish necklace card: “I’ve been wearing Dogeared Make a Wish necklaces for a few years now. They‘re whimsical and chic.”
6. iPhone: “A girl’s best friend.”
8. Grady’s Cold Brew: “A delicious iced coffee concentrate.”
9. Lifesaver mints: “Our PR manager Jess and I go through a bag a week — it’s kind of a problem.”
10. Her dog: “My BFF Taylor! Cutest dog in the world!
What’s on your desk, tartelettes? Share a pic with us on Facebook.
At tarte we pride ourselves on using only the best ingredients to make the healthiest, most powerful and beautiful cosmetics we can. And every now and then, a little recognition is nice, but we were truly flattered to learn that InStyle magazine has listed — not just one — but four of our products as Best Beauty Buys of 2012: our maracuja blush and glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint, our LipSurgence™ lip tints, our Amazonian clay 12-hour blush and our Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess.
Last night we had the pleasure of hosting a screening of L!fe Happens, a hilarious new comedy written and starring one of our favorite Hollywood up-and-comers, Krysten Ritter. The film is the product of a collaboration between Ritter and one of her best friends Kat Coiro, and was cast and staffed with some of Ritter’s most-talented nearest and dearest, including celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine.
Nadine, a long time tarte fan — so is Ritter! — used our LipSurgence™ lip tints in every scene!
To celebrate the film’s premiere, we invited a group of beauty bloggers to join us for the screening, which included a Q&A with Ritter and Nadine!
Get tweeting tartelettes and good luck!