Posts tagged LipSurgence matte lip tint
Spring break is an American institution. Once reserved only for college students, it’s now a seasonal adventure for all ages, and styles. While plotting our own mad dashes for warmer climes — New York City can be brutal in March — we looked to some of our favorite vloggers and bloggers for inspiration.
Celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher created Selena Gomez’s look for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party using tarte products. Find out how to recreate the look at home. More >
Celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh used all tarte to create Allison Williams ultra-femme and modern look for last night’s Grammy Awards. More >
After honing her skills as a graphic designer in London, Lottie Stannard, a SoCal native, moved into the beauty world. Then she began covering the globe, making a name for herself as a celebrity makeup artist with a combo of edgy style, creativity to spare, and solid talent — from Milan to Los Angeles and everywhere in between, Lottie has worked with celebs as diverse as Taylor Swift and Robert De Niro.
We begged the jetsetting beauty genuis to give us a look at her holiday gift list, and we were thrilled when she complied! More >
Blogger, model, fashion designer, and “it kid” – à la Nylon Magazine — Audrey Kitching has definitely made an impression on us. A funky cross between girly and punk, she’s a pop culture princess, social media maven and bona fide trendsetter. Safe to say we’ve got a major girl crush on her. So you can just imagine how excited we were when she gave us a peek at her holiday gift list!
What does the hippest of the hip want to give and get this year? Keep reading to find out! More >
We’re partnering with YouTube beauty guru, Holly Ann-AeRee and YOU to support Young Survival Coalition during Breast Cancer Awareness month. Watch Holly’s video below, and enter here for a chance to win this amazing hope for a cure pink package and help us support young women with breast cancer.
American sweetheart Julianne Hough shook things up at the Emmys this year. The blond beauty went daring with both her plunging neckline and her against-type hair style, and while the vote is still out whether the risk paid off, one thing we know for sure is that her skin looked absolutely flawless — thanks to celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern and tarte cosmetics!
“I wanted her makeup to look as if she were a black and white photograph come to life.” –celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern
- “I prepped Julianne’s skin with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to give the skin a deep infusion of moisture and glow.”
Most of us associate summertime with lazy weekends, laid-back outdoor get-togethers and wearing flip-flops 24-7 – or at least during waking hours. Summer is also synonymous with our favorite past time — the BBQ. This year we challenge you to take it up a notch.
This 4th of July, don’t just grill, make it an extraordinary event to remember. Choose a theme and party on in serious style.
Old School Clam Bake
Not in the mood for hot dogs and beer? Add a pinch of panache to your 4th by shelving the grill and hosting a clam bake. And don’t worry; you don’t have to dig the clams.
overall inspiration: “I wanted to keep Carly’s boho, rocker feel with shimmering cheeks, but add a vintage glam twist with a rich, dark lip.” –makeup artist Desirae Cherman for tarte
- Desirae prepped Carly’s skin with tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer.
- Then she mixed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s Amazonian clay illuminating serum and buffed it into Carly’s skin with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to create a luminous glow.
- She set Carly’s look in place with tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To give Carly a sunkissed glow, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, then swirled tarte’s cheek stain in loving (available at Ulta in July) on the apples of her cheeks, followed by a dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmer powder in champagne along the tops of her cheekbones and cupid’s bow to create extra radiance.
- Desirae prepped her lids with tarte’s clean slate 360 creaseless™ 12-hr smoothing primer.
- Then she brushed a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II onto Carly’s lids.
- To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze in her creases and along the outer corners of her lids.
- To make her eyes pop, she lined her upper and lower lashlines with tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black, blending the color onto her lids and just slightly past the corners.
- For extra volume Desirae applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven 4-in-1 mascara.
- To ensure Carly’s vintage-glam look, Desirae swiped tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in envy on to give her pout a rich hue.
At tarte, Valentine’s Day doesn’t discriminate. To us, it’s a holiday worth celebrating regardless of your romantic status. (…So, what’s yours?) And to help you start the V-Day party we asked a couple of ladies here in the office to spill on their love lives, their picks for a hot Valentine’s lip and their favorite drink recipes.
tarte position: The color corrector
m.o.: Bohemian chic with tomboy edge
status: My alter ego is ‘hot single Mel.” I had my heart torn apart a few months ago. In order to get back on my dating feet, I created HSM – a super confident and happier version of me. But now, I really am her.
Valentine’s libation: Painting the town red
Combine 2bottles of red wine, 3 oz of gin, 2 tablespoons of sugar in the raw, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, 1 cup of fresh strawberries, 1 sliced lemon lemon & 1 sliced lime in a large punch bowl (Yes, a bowl! You’re having your girlfriends over after all). Stir the mixture and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Pour the sangria into glasses filled halfway with ice and top off with guarana soda.
And the girl in love…
tarte position: The cashwrap ring leader
m.o.: Urban modern mixed with rocker chic
status: We’ve been married nearly 4 years, but we’ve been living together for 19. When we met, marriage was not a priority for either of us because it was a mutual “I choose you.” After a decade and a half of weathering life’s ups and downs, we decided to celebrate our life shared and our future together by tying the knot. My one condition “I’ll marry you if I can still be your girlfriend.”
Valentine’s libation: Staying in love
Mix Patron Tequila, Cointreau and pink grapefruit juice.
Add a large squeeze of lime,
Then garnish with a lime.