Posts tagged maracuja divine shine lip gloss
With Valentine’s Day only a few days away (wow, when did February happen?!) we thought it would be the perfect opportunity for another little do-it-yourself project! Erica, our senior graphic designer, Valentine’s Day enthusiast, and master DIYer wanted to do something unique and different for all of her single girlfriends this February 14th. She thought, what better way to show a little love for her girls than with some DIY, homemade Valentine’s cards… More >
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
Want to get her perfectly pretty glam look at home? Just follow the steps below.
- To create a glowing complexion, Kindra started by applying tarte’s new maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation with broad spectrum SPF 15.
- Then she dabbed tarte’s maracuja waterproof creaseless concealer under her eyes to lock in a dewy appearance.
- To bring a warm glow to her skin, Kindra dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess along her cheek bones and hair line.
- She finished by bringing a rosy flush of color to the apples of her cheeks withAmazonian clay 12-hour blush in amused.
Right now, the only things I want to wear are head-turning shades of solid color. I’m not sure if it was the overwhelming onslaught of soft, subtle neutrals that pervaded our wardrobes all spring, but suddenly my thirst for bright, bold, nearly shocking pops of color is unquenchable. And the most satisfying of them all has to be hot pink. Just one swipe of this electric hue is enough to perk me up – whether in the form of a sunning statement necklace, the perfect satchel, or even my all time favorite childhood chewing gum.
Here are a few of the fuschia items I’m lusting after today:
overall inspiration: ”To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
As our online marketing manager, Staci is all business. Part number cruncher, part saleswomen, she’s tasked with getting our products in to the hands of tartelettes across the nation. She also has a creative streak and an appreciation for beauty, like everyone in the tarte office. We stopped by her desk to see what she needs within arms reach on the daily.
- Flowers: “This gorgeous arrangement was a surprise delivery. It definitely added the perfect pop of color on an rainy spring day.”
- Family photos: “I love photos — here’s one of my best girlfriends from growing up; another of me, my mom and my sister; and a bunch of my bulldog, Charley. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t surf, I just love the beach!”
- Go orange card: “I graduated from Syracuse — Go Orange!”
- Calculator: “I rely on my calculator — there’s never a day that I’m not crunching numbers.”
- Hand sanitizer: ”I may have been called germ-a-phobic once or twice in my life…but hey, we live in NYC, hand sanitizer is essential post-subway.”
- LipSurgence™ lip tint: “My fave shade this spring is charmed. It’s the perfect shade of pink for my complexion.”
- Julep Nail Care: “My cousin turned me on to Julep for nail care. This growth serum is amazing!”
- tarte check stain and a photo of her boyfriend and dog: “I use true love cheek stain on a daily basis…how ironic that it’s placed right next to a picture of my boyfriend, Andrew, and our dog, Charley.”
- iPhone: “Whether I’m updating tarte.com on the go, or just staying in touch, this phone is a must-have for me.”
- maracuja divine shine lip gloss: “One of my coworkers turned me on to the layering look – I use LipSurgence™ lip tint in charmed and then layer it with maracuja divine shine for an ultra-glossy smile.”
Let us show you how to use two or more tarte products from the same color family — with the same names– to create the perfect makeup look, or as we call it, the monochromatic face.
Products you’ll need:
Learn how to get Katniss’s flawless, glowly skin — the ‘no makeup’ makeup look —with these simple steps.
Products you’ll need:
-Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15
-smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum
-airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
-cheek stain in true love
-Amazonian clay 12-hour shimmering blush in buff
-smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eye liner in golden black and bronze
-lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven mascara
-maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten