Posts tagged maracuja divine shine lip gloss
With Valentine’s Day only a few days away (wow, when did February happen?!) we thought it would be the perfect opportunity for another little do-it-yourself project! Erica, our senior graphic designer, Valentine’s Day enthusiast, and master DIYer wanted to do something unique and different for all of her single girlfriends this February 14th. She thought, what better way to show a little love for her girls than with some DIY, homemade Valentine’s cards… More >
Right now, the only things I want to wear are head-turning shades of solid color. I’m not sure if it was the overwhelming onslaught of soft, subtle neutrals that pervaded our wardrobes all spring, but suddenly my thirst for bright, bold, nearly shocking pops of color is unquenchable. And the most satisfying of them all has to be hot pink. Just one swipe of this electric hue is enough to perk me up – whether in the form of a sunning statement necklace, the perfect satchel, or even my all time favorite childhood chewing gum.
Here are a few of the fuschia items I’m lusting after today:
overall inspiration: “To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
As our online marketing manager, Staci is all business. Part number cruncher, part saleswomen, she’s tasked with getting our products in to the hands of tartelettes across the nation. She also has a creative streak and an appreciation for beauty, like everyone in the tarte office. We stopped by her desk to see what she needs within arms reach on the daily.
- Flowers: “This gorgeous arrangement was a surprise delivery. It definitely added the perfect pop of color on an rainy spring day.”
- Family photos: “I love photos — here’s one of my best girlfriends from growing up; another of me, my mom and my sister; and a bunch of my bulldog, Charley. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t surf, I just love the beach!”
- Go orange card: “I graduated from Syracuse — Go Orange!”
- Calculator: “I rely on my calculator — there’s never a day that I’m not crunching numbers.”
- Hand sanitizer: “I may have been called germ-a-phobic once or twice in my life…but hey, we live in NYC, hand sanitizer is essential post-subway.”
- LipSurgence™ lip tint: “My fave shade this spring is charmed. It’s the perfect shade of pink for my complexion.”
- Julep Nail Care: “My cousin turned me on to Julep for nail care. This growth serum is amazing!”
- tarte check stain and a photo of her boyfriend and dog: “I use true love cheek stain on a daily basis…how ironic that it’s placed right next to a picture of my boyfriend, Andrew, and our dog, Charley.”
- iPhone: “Whether I’m updating tarte.com on the go, or just staying in touch, this phone is a must-have for me.”
- maracuja divine shine lip gloss: “One of my coworkers turned me on to the layering look – I use LipSurgence™ lip tint in charmed and then layer it with maracuja divine shine for an ultra-glossy smile.”
Let us show you how to use two or more tarte products from the same color family — with the same names– to create the perfect makeup look, or as we call it, the monochromatic face.
Products you’ll need:
Learn how to get Katniss’s flawless, glowly skin — the ‘no makeup’ makeup look —with these simple steps.
Products you’ll need:
-Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15
-smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum
-airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
-cheek stain in true love
-Amazonian clay 12-hour shimmering blush in buff
-smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eye liner in golden black and bronze
-lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven mascara
-maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten
Have you met our maracuaja divine shine lip gloss? We think you two will really get along.
tarte tip for lust-worthy valentine’s lip: Layer it up! Apply LipSurgence™ matte lip tint first for the perfect tint, then gloss over with divine shine for a picture perfect pout!
Watch the video for the promo code, then get your free LipSurgence™ from now until Feb. 7th!
Only valid at www.tarte.com. must enter promo code MATTE at checkout. cannot be combined with any other offers. not valid on previous purchases. no rain checks. must purchase maracuja divine shine lip gloss and choose LipSurgence matte lip tint color of your choice. add both items to your shopping bag and once promo code is applied, the discount on the LipSurgence matte will be reflected. offer valid while supplies last and is subject to change at any time without notice. Orders may be subject to tax and shipping charges. Tarte has the right to cancel any orders due to unauthorized use. offer valid starting on February 2, 2012 and expires on February 7, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
At tarte, Valentine’s Day doesn’t discriminate. To us, it’s a holiday worth celebrating regardless of your romantic status. (…So, what’s yours?) And to help you start the V-Day party we asked a couple of ladies here in the office to spill on their love lives, their picks for a hot Valentine’s lip and their favorite drink recipes.
tarte position: The color corrector
m.o.: Bohemian chic with tomboy edge
status: My alter ego is ‘hot single Mel.” I had my heart torn apart a few months ago. In order to get back on my dating feet, I created HSM – a super confident and happier version of me. But now, I really am her.
Valentine’s libation: Painting the town red
Combine 2bottles of red wine, 3 oz of gin, 2 tablespoons of sugar in the raw, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, 1 cup of fresh strawberries, 1 sliced lemon lemon & 1 sliced lime in a large punch bowl (Yes, a bowl! You’re having your girlfriends over after all). Stir the mixture and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Pour the sangria into glasses filled halfway with ice and top off with guarana soda.
And the girl in love…
tarte position: The cashwrap ring leader
m.o.: Urban modern mixed with rocker chic
status: We’ve been married nearly 4 years, but we’ve been living together for 19. When we met, marriage was not a priority for either of us because it was a mutual “I choose you.” After a decade and a half of weathering life’s ups and downs, we decided to celebrate our life shared and our future together by tying the knot. My one condition “I’ll marry you if I can still be your girlfriend.”
Valentine’s libation: Staying in love
Mix Patron Tequila, Cointreau and pink grapefruit juice.
Add a large squeeze of lime,
Then garnish with a lime.