Posts tagged Ray-Bans
Sigh. Awards season is over. No more red carpets, ball gowns, hilarious speeches, or video montages. But wait, what’s that? Oh yes, it’s festival season! With SXSW, Coachella, and Bonnaroo on the horizon, tartelettes, we’re trading in our heels for Chucks, designer gowns for hippie dresses, and big names for soon-to-be-discovered indie darlings.
First up: South by Southwest, Austin’s funky intersection of music, film, and tech. Of course, the confluence of new bands, independent film, Austin cool, and tech entrepreneurs makes for a signature SXSW look. And, as more and more fashion companies become tech-savvy, style is becoming formally entrenched in the mix as well. This year, there are even a few talks specifically on fashion on the docket.
So, what does one wear to this uniquely awesome festival? We’ve rounded up some SXSW basics that every girl should have in her suitcase.
A pair of hipster shades are a must for blocking out that searing Texas sun (and staving off headaches after long nights.) We love the the always-cool Ray-Ban aviator.
Bright skinny jeans.
You’ll want outfits that can easily transition from day to night. A pair of candy-colored jeans is an essential item for spring that can go as perfectly with a worn-in band tee as with a sparkly tank and heels. Urban Outfitters has an affordable selection in a rainbow’s-worth of colors.
Flats are the name of the game during SXSW. Gladiator sandals and Toms are very cool options; our favorite is a classic Chuck Taylor from Converse.
When you do want to dress up a little, toss on a pair of comfy, wedge-heeled booties, like this faux-suede pair from Target.
A statement canvas tote.
This isn’t the place for a glamorous clutch. As you’re running between talks, screenings, and parties, a cool canvas tote is much better for stashing your iPad, your makeup bag, and other festival essentials. The FEED bag is a cute option that also contributes to a great cause!
Pink went through some pretty tough stuff in the early 2000s. It was forced onto everything from flippy skirts (circa 2003: I owned about twelve), monogrammed tees and plenty of unsuspecting lapdogs (Paris Hilton, much?)
Well thanks to M.Kors Fall 2009 and some fashion-forward beauty brands, the hue has chicly joined us in 2010…but with a seriously styling makeover. Buh-bye, baby and blush! Hello, hautehot fuschia!
The rose of today is less girly-girl, more womanly wow! While the old hue purrrrred, the new neon roars! Rather than dominating an entire ensemble, it adds a stylish splash to an otherwise basic look. And this summer pink goes pop on every extra from lipstick to pumps, purses to nailpolish!
- Totally dying over this fuschia crossbody bag by Antik Batik. The snakeskin is luxe and the small size won’t weigh you down when the weather gets warm. I would pair this with a crisp white shirt dress for a day of lunch and shopping with the gals!
- I live in a fantasy fashionland where haute pink is a neutral shoe hue…a little crazy, huh? Well I say crazy chic because a pink BCBG pump I purchased last spring has become my go-to going out gear! This Dolce Vita Pela wedge is the perfect pink pop for summer. I’m envisioning endless shorts ensembles!
- I adore Alexis Bittar designs because they are distinct and gorgeous, without the hefty pricetag of other costume jewels. The pyramid stud earrings certainly live up to the Bittar Buzz! Ideal for the gal who wants just a flash of fun!
- Now the beauty banter— swipe tarte’s True Love cheek stain on sunkissed skin for a fab flush. Or pucker up to LipSurgence lip stain in Amused for a pink pout. My go to nail color is Zoya’s Jolene—an adorable hot pink that is “Hot Child in the City,” rather than “Hot Child on the Playground!”
- I know everybody and their mom/dog/cousin/granny is rockin Ray-bans, but nearly no one is wearing them in rose! I am huge fan of aviators, and this femme hue balances the tough Top Gun shape.
So tartelettes, whether you go full out or just add a dash—this summer think pink!