Posts tagged relaxation
My ultimate relaxation is lounging by the ocean with a morning cup of java in one hand and a ‘can’t put it down’ page-turner in the other! This summer snag these best sellers and totally engulf yourself in their stories— just don’t forget to re-apply your SPF while you’re at it!
- Queen Takes King by Gigi Levangie Grazer—In Manhattan’s concrete jungle this is the tale of a society divorce & all the juicy drama!
- Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner—If you haven’t yet read anything from this best-selling, chick-lit author, then it’s the perfect time to jump on the bandwagon. This is an adventure of betrayal and loyalty of lifelong sometimes-friends.
- The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman— Elle Mag’s June pick! Follow Claire, Meg, and Elv into troubled adulthood and to their grandmother in Paris, where old burdens fade and tragic new truths emerge.
- Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Single by Heather McElhatton—Jennifer’s an off-beat, single gal in search of Mr.Right (sound familiar?) This will definitely give you more than a few laughs!
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult—Read the book before it hits the big screen on June 26th! One of my personal favorites (I sobbed through it); this tells the emotional tale of illness on a family. I promise you won’t put it down!
~All this gross rain is giving me a sinus headache and makes me want to hide under the covers all day. On the other hand, it’s also getting me that much more excited for my upcoming vacation to Mexico!! Words cannot express how much I’m looking forward to six days of doing absolutely nothing. I am also a big fan of the “eat whatever you want” vacation method, especially when it means mounds of quesadillas and salty margaritas. Which is why I look forward to having Levi kick my butt for the next 3 weeks…so I can prematurely undo the damage! -alexis
~As a continuation of my last blog, I have been looking into tennis lessons and actually bought a new racket over the weekend. I played at the outdoor courts near my house and have a very sore right arm, and slight tan, to show for it. My next task is to set up my first lesson so that I’m not hitting the ball like I would a baseball. I’m really not as uncoordinated as I looked! -heather r
~I am so excited because me and 12 of my sorority sisters from college are going to Atlantic City for the weekend! As I’m sure you know coordinating dinner for 4 friends can sometimes be impossible so the fact that 13 of us are going is practically a miracle. Nothing’s better then a weekend of going out, gambling and Gamma Girls…now let’s just hope some of us win! -maria