Posts tagged tarte cheek stain
Celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher created Selena Gomez’s look for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party using tarte products. Find out how to recreate the look at home. More >
Our digital marketing manager is one of the few people we know who can deftly, and flawlessly, navigate the fine line between quirky and couture — obviously she had to curate one of our gifts guides. Here are her top gift picks for the holiday season:
In these last few weeks of summer, we still have a handful of outdoorsy events to attend — hello Labor Day! Why not spend them in the most quintessential warm-weather item: shorts? No longer relegated to the most casual of occasions, there are now shorts for pretty much any occasion. Send off summer in style, in these four types of shorts. More >
overall inspiration: ”To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.
Learn how to get Katniss’s flawless, glowly skin — the ‘no makeup’ makeup look —with these simple steps.
Products you’ll need:
-Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15
-smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum
-airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
-cheek stain in true love
-Amazonian clay 12-hour shimmering blush in buff
-smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eye liner in golden black and bronze
-lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven mascara
-maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten
The holidays are here…and you’re still gift shopping?
First, relax. Then shake off that last-minute pressure, we’ve got you covered. We’ve tapped some of the keenest shoppers and most creative people we know in order to put together these unique gift guides filled with presents that are sure to please everyone on your list!
who: Jenna Daunais, tarte creative marketing manager
claim to fame: In 6th grade she got a paper route so she could buy fashion magazines because her mom said she had to be seventeen to read Seventeen. Today Jenna has STACKS of all the beauty & fashion magazines you could dream of on her desk & her favorite thing in the world is to come into the office in the morning (hot chai in hand) and see what’s new in the world of color & design. Her current obsession: tarte talk on pinterest.
her gift list:
1. cheek stain in blushing bride: ”For my mom. This is her favorite cheek stain. It’s a gorgeous deep dusty, plumy rose and it looks amazing on her.”
2. Anslem Reyle “UNTITLED” paint and monochromatic foil installation: ”This is what I am wishing for. Key word ‘wishing’. I love art and this is the dream piece.”
3. butter LONDON nail polish in yummy mummy: “My sister has two (adorable) little ones that keep her super busy so weekly mani pedis are just not possible. This is the prefect nude — plus, butter LONDON products are formulated without formaldehyde, toluene, DBP or parabens, which she & both appreciate.”
4. WEN by Chaz Dean winter vanilla mint cleansing conditioner: ”I gave my little brother a sample of WEN that I got from a QVC event and now he’s hooked — it’s always in his gym bag. This seasonal edition smells like candy canes!”
5. Whiskey Stones: ”The perfect host gift. Whiskey stones are odorless and tasteless cubes of solid soapstone that will chill your liquor without diluting it. unlike ice. Add them to your favorite libation and get the party started!”
6. Phillip Keel’s simple diary: “Simple diaries are not your average diaries. Everyday you’re prompted to answer a thought provoking inspired question. I love to do my daily entry with my morning latte to get a creative kick start to the day.”
7. puppy houndstooth bow tie collar: ”My dog Fast Eddie is one of tarte’s resident office pups. Since he works with me in the creative department, he definitely needs to dress the part. I am getting him this green houndstooth bow tie to wear to the office in the new year.”
Check out the tarte office pups on our Pinterest page. They are SO cute!
With tarte’s natural line of bronzing products there is no excuse to step out with a see through complexion during the summertime. Remember, there is no such thing as a healthy suntan so if you’re looking for products that give instant faux glow results while leaving your skin looking and feeling gorgeous, you’ve come to the right place. As a self proclaimed reformed sun worshiper, I’m conscious of skin-cancer risks but I still love the way my skin looks tan so whenever there is a new bronzing product being passed around the office- I’m always the first to try. Here is my expert advice on how to get an allover gorgeous glow without the harmful rays. My favorite everyday summer product is tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze. This lightweight product mattifies my skin (since it tends to get oily after hours in sun) and gives me a gorgeous natural bronzed glow with every application. Love that! I also rely on tarte’s glam gams to transform my pale stems to bronzed and beautiful; giving me the confidence I need to step out on a hot summer night.
What tarte product do you rely on for a natural summer glow?
The beautiful Kate Bosworth arrived at the premiere of L!fe Happens not only wearing a gorgeous pink number, but also decked out in tarte. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine wanted to give her a look that would compliment her hot pink Richard Nicoll dress. She “opted for a simple and soft look to highlight Kate’s natural beauty.” She incorporated delicate pops of pink on her cheeks and lips. Following Amy’s easy steps, there’s no reason why you can’t replicate Kate’s look at home!
- To begin Amy applied tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 04 all over Kate’s skin with a foundation brush.
- For the area below her eyes, she used tarte’s new maracuja creaseless concealer in light.
- She then used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze as a contour on the hollows of the cheek
- For a subtle glow, she used tarte’s natural cheek stain in blissful, a warm peachy-pink, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface for a hint of pink.
- To ensure that her look lasted through the evening, Amy used tarte’s lifted natural eyelid primer.
- Using the new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette, Amy applied charmer (sparkling burnt copper/golden peach) in the crease and dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over the lid.
- For volume and separation on her upper lashes, Amy used tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To frame Kate’s eyes, Amy used tarte’s emphasEYES brow high definition eyebrow pencil in medium brown (one shade darker).
- To complete Kate’s “pretty in pink” look, Amy used tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in amused (bright pink) on her pout.
What tarte products are you wearing on your “red carpet”?