Posts tagged trend
We tend to turn to Hollywood for fashion advice and the latest trends. So, why not trust them to try haircuts and styles they’ve previously rocked? From Blake to Emma and all those lovely styles in between, there’s no reason to take on the rest of the summer with the same ole hair style you dawned last season. Get wild and edgy with a pixie cut like Miss Watson or try a short bob with a beachy-wave like Kiera Knightly. For those of you tartelettes who can’t part with your long locks, try an easy style like Vanessa Hudgens; simple, long and straight. You can also go “au natural” like Blake Lively and flaunt your endless, wavy mane. Whatever style you choose— wear it with confidence and you’ll be sure to turn heads.
What hair style are you embracing or thinking of trying this August?
It’s that time of year: holiday work parties, friendly gatherings and New Year’s toasts! We’re now penciling them into our December calendars and sorting through our wardrobes. This year there are even more sequins, lux velvets and faux furs to wear. In addition to adding some sparkle to your outfit, I always recommend statement makeup! With so many festive soirees to attend, I thought this would be the perfect time to share one of my favorite holiday looks. I’m loving this dark romantic look I came across in the December pages of Flare Magazine. Bold lip choices were huge for all of 2010, and this deep wine lip is a gorgeous way to finish off the year. I love that it’s paired with a soft and subtle smokey eye. This dark and romantic look is quite simple to recreate and super wearable from office to office party. Here’s a quick how-to:
- Hide those dark circles and even skin tone with your favorite complexion products (try: dark circle defense, smooth op tinted-moisturizer)
- Choose a neutral shadow and wash all over the eyelid (try: lock&roll 12-hr eye shadow in sandstone)
- Blend matte brown shadow into the crease of the eye and run along the bottom lash line (try: the royal collection holiday palette)
- Brighten inner eye corners and inner rims with a highlighter & nude liner (try: rest assured brightening wand)
- Curl and coat lashes (try: picture perfect holiday curler & lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara)
- Finish with a deep berry lip tint (try: LipSurgence™ natural lip tint in moody; if lips are chapped from the winter air, prep with fRxtion lip exfoliator and balm)