Posts tagged Voluspa
Moody and romantic colors abound during this darkening season. One of our favorites is burgundy, whether in the form of a decorative accessory, a bold lip, or assertive shoe.
Tilly’s Full Tilt faux leather jacket; our LipSurgence™ lip tint in moody; Skullcandy’s Agent Alabama headphones; Leighton Milan umbrella; Lipault Paris carry-on; Gucci mary janes; and the Voluspa Classic Candle in Muscari.
Vanilla and cinnamon; honey, plum and pumpkin — warm, sweet and distinct, the aromas of fall are comforting and evocative. Even if you live in year-round tropical climes, just a hint of scent can create a feeling of autumnal bliss. A well-placed candle will lift your spirit as the season rolls in. Ranging from earthy to exotic, here are our top choices for autumnal aromatics. More >
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
who: Alison Rosen, writer, humorist and pop culture expert.
claim to fame: Aside from sharing her witticisms daily on the Adam Carolla Show, the Guinness World Records number one most downloaded podcast, Alison is also an established journalist who has written for Rolling Stone, The NY Post, Spin, Maxim, The Village Voice, People and Seventeen.
her gift list:
1. tarte limited-edition brush set: “I’m always digging around my makeup case for my brushes. How I would love to have 6 full-size, high quality brushes in their own chic, portable case!” *Pssst, tartelettes! Because of our friends & family sale, these have almost sold out — get yours while supplies last!
2. Apple iPad 2: “I’m still (un)proudly rocking an iPad 1, but I covet the iPad 2 because you can record videos on it with the built in camera”
3. In Fifty Years We’ll All Be Chicks by Adam Carolla: “Yes, my boss wrote this book, but even if Adam weren’t my boss I’d still give this book as a gift because it’s hilarious.”
4. GHD Hair Straightener: “I’ve been wanting one of these flat irons ever since I heard some women with envy-inducing tresses talking them up on New Year’s last year. I’ve basically spent a year wanting one. It’s no way to live!”
5. Crate & Barrel Calais cabinet : “Look at this cabinet. Just look at it! It’s beautiful.”
6. The Facts of Life, The Complete First and Second Seasons: “It remains my favorite TV show ever.”
7. Voluspa Candle: “I received this candle as a gift a couple years ago and have been in love with the brand ever since. My favorite scent is Santiago Huckleberry but they all smell great and the tins are beautiful.”
8. Keurig Coffee Brewer: “Convenient, fun and perfect for a person like me who drinks 8 to 10 cups of coffee per hour. Once you get one of these you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one and you’ll be mad you did.”
It comes as no surprise that one of the most romantic lyrics in music history is the late Teddy Pendergrass’
Turn off the lights…and light a candle.
Tonight I’m in a romantic mood, yeah.
Perhaps I’m just biased towards ol’ Teddy, since my parents met at one of his concerts. Talk about a 70’s love connection!
Well, this Valentine’s season, make like Mr. P and get that candle-lit glow with a few of my favorite luxurious brands. Your sweetie won’t know whether to kiss ya or sniff ya!
I burn candles non-stop in every room of my house- literally, it’s the live version of Johnny Cash’s Ring of Fire. And the brand that I rely on to keep going and going and going is Voluspa. Deliciously fragrant and with crazy burn power, these Kings of Kandles are worth every (s)cent. I am OBSESSED with the Makassar Ebony & Peach Candle. I don’t usually do the fruity scents, but this mixture is so intoxicating and sophisticated. No Fruit Roll-Up smellin’ candles here. Other Voluspa scents that I love are Crisp Champagne,
The extraordinarily extravagant Jonathan Adleris the leader of my new style religion. And his beyond glorious candle line makes me want to praise the Fashion Gods! I swear I had a “moment” when I took a whiff of the Big Sur candle which mixes bergamot, vetiver, cedar and nutmeg. Other scents in this destination-themed collection are Capri, Palm Beach and Acapulco.
For the girly-girl who wants her home to smell just as luscious as she, Tyler Candles are it! This hip brand has scents titled “High-Maintenance,” “Diva,” and “Hollywood” that could give even the most fragrant of eau de toilette a run for its money.
The most intriguing aspect of Dayna Decker’s couture candle collection is the EcoWood Wick, made from organic wood and designed to burn cleaner than a traditional cotton wick. The gorgeous glass candleholders will add a touch of style to any room in the house, and even the wax is made as eco-friendly as possible. Talk about chic gone green. Some of my favorite scents include Rose and Violetta.
All right Tartelettes, Mimi has given you the tools for a little V-day romance. So get to shoppin’ then smoochin
Last night was the tarte holiday party! We did something a little different—we actually made our own delicious dinner at Rustico Cooking! We enjoyed some wine and then got down to business. We were split up and some of us made the appetizers and dessert, while others cooked the main course and side dishes. If I don’t say so myself, I helped create by far the best sausage, broccoli rabe & cheese (I’m definitely forgetting some of the ingredients) crepe ever! Additionally, we dined on chicken, squash, gnocchi and a mini cheesecake. Everything was so yummy! We also did our holiday gift exchange—Alison got me the best gift: Voluspa candles. They smell so divine and last forever!! Thanks again Alison!! -Candace