Returns & Exchanges
Contact Customer Care
10am — 5pm ET, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
How to Return or Exchange an Item in the USA for registered customers
Tarte.com returns and exchanges are free, fast, and easy for customers with a registered tarte.com account! For tarte.com customers in the USA, follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Order History in My Account and click on the order you would like to return or exchange products from
- Select the products from the order you wish to return or exchange. Please note that if you are asking for an exchange, you will be asked to select the quantity and new shade of the product you'd like. We can only exchange products for a different shade, we cannot exchange them for a different item.
- You will be asked to submit a reason for the return or exchange, and can include an additional note for our customer service team.
- After hitting "Submit" on your return or exchange, you will be prompted to print out your RMA form (this goes inside the box with the items you are returning or exchanging) and your pre-paid FedEx Smartpost label.
- Pack up your return (be sure to include your RMA sheet inside the box), and attach the return label to the outside. (Feel free to reuse the box your shipment came in – just be sure to remove or cross out any of the old labels).
- Drop off your box for return or exchange at your local FedEx location.
When Will I Receive My Refund or Exchange?
Once you've initiated your return or exchange, you will receive an email that includes your tracking number.
If you requested a return:
Once your order is received and inspected (usually within 72 hours of receipt) your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 2 business days or your exchange will be processed. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 3-7 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.
If you requested an exchange:
Once your order is received and inspected (usually within 72 hours of receipt) your exchange will be processed. You will receive an email with updated tracking information for your new products!
If you placed your order as a guest, and did not create a tarte.com account, please contact customer service at email@example.com.
Return or replace and item from your order history.
Your complete satisfaction is our top priority! If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, we will gladly accept returns of packages within 30 days of the sale date and issue a full refund in the amount you paid, or an exchange for a new product. We will also pay for the return shipping (please note we cannot refund any shipping fees you originally paid to receive the order).
Please note that items marked as "Final Sale" on their item page are ineligible for return or exchange.
Tarte.com can only accept returns for items purchased through www.tarte.com. If you purchased a tarte item from a retail partner, please contact that retailer directly.
Unfortunately, we cannot extend this return policy to resellers of our product. For returns outside of the USA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All return refunds and exchanges are processed within approximately 7-10 days upon arrival at our distribution center.
Canada and International Returns
We cannot offer merchandise exchanges on orders shipped internationally. Only credit back to the original form of payment is available.
If you wish to return items shipped internationally, please refer to our return policy listed in our FAQ section here and contact email@example.com before returning any items. Send your item via traceable method to the following address:
TARTE COSMETICS — Returns Center
1375 Broadway, Suite 800
New York, NY 10018 (U.S.A.)
Sorry, we cannot accept COD deliveries.
Unfortunately, we cannot refund your original domestic and international shipping charges. Additionally, we cannot refund fees. In special cases, if you are returning a purchase, you may be eligible for a refund of a portion or all of the duties and taxes from your local customs office. Contact that office directly for details.