JOIN THE TARTE TEAM
At tarte™, we believe in high-performance and natural. Join the revolution & help us break down beauty boundaries!
Senior Social Media & Community Manager
full-time, senior manager
NEW YORK, NY
We’re seeking a talented & strategic Senior Social Media & Community Manager to join our team! This person will be responsible for driving the overall social media & content strategy content across all organic social media channels, including overseeing weekly content calendar, 360 social support plans for launches/activations, identifying social trends & owning community management. This role will work cross-functionally with all brand & marketing teams, & report directly to the Executive Director of Digital Marketing. Our ideal candidate is someone who is beauty-obsessed with a team player attitude, excellent communication & writing skills & is a multi-tasker that will reach deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Build out short & long term social media strategies for the brand
- Regularly identify social trends & strategize opportunities for the brand to engage
- Oversee the development of social calendar across all organic social channels – including support for new launches & promotions
- Oversee community management across all social platforms, with flexibility on monitoring during big events
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing team on paid social strategy & execution
- Review & craft copy for all social channels (IG, TW & TikTok) working closely with the brand marketing team
- Partner closely with the creative team for best-in-class assets to support social holidays & new launches
- Regular reporting & analysis on channel growth, paid media ROI, competitive, etc.
- Lead weekly social brainstorms & TikTok meetings, drafting agenda’s & recaps
- Collaborate closely with cross-functioning teams (Digital Marketing, Digital Merchandising, Sales & Creative) for ongoing social support for retailers & tarte.com
- Manage coordination with internal social content creators
- Review & approve produced social content (TikTok, IG stories, IGTV & Reels) – must be able to provide clear feedback & edits.
- Manage, develop & coach social media coordinators & interns in day to day responsibilities
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7+ years’ relevant experience in marketing & social media
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms (specifically Tik Tok and Instagram) from both a paid & organic perspective
- Experience with social media buying, reporting & analysis
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment & meet changing deadlines on multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication & writing skills
- Works well under pressure & has a flexible & positive attitude
- Attention to detail & ability to multitask
- Strong project management skills
- Up-to-date on relevant cultural events
- Passionate about beauty
- Ability to be flexible – social media happens in real time!
2D Graphic Designer
full-time, senior coordinator
NEW YORK, NY
Seeking a talented 2D Graphic Designer to join our Visual Merchandising team. Our team focuses on creating disruptive in-store graphics for multiple retailers with an emphasis on functionality and shopability. As a 2D Graphic Designer, you'll work on various programs including: seasonal gondola updates, window displays & pop-up animations to create meaningful in-store experiences. You’ll be involved in the entire process from concepting to final production.
- Develop easy-to-shop graphics for seasonal gondola updates for multiple retailers.
- Design secondary promotional spaces for in-store experiences & other graphic materials (banners, lightboxes, event cards, etc…).
- Execute & manage all print production for all projects assigned meeting the various retailer guidelines.
- Roll out graphics to different languages & currencies (translation is provided) for all International VM projects.
- Partner with Merchandising Project Managers to execute 20-25 projects per season (x4) ensuring deadlines are met.
- Partner with Content to request assets or provide retouching feedback based on project specs.
- Verify the content and specs of all projects prior to release.
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, merchandising trends and be familiar with the beauty industry.
- Help the team with other projects if needed.
Experience & Skills:
- BFA/BA in Graphic Design or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in graphic design in a marketing-driven environment.
- Proficient & skillful use of InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Strong experience in file production for print & hands-on experience with Visual Merchandising design.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented & strong time management skills, able to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-player with optimistic attitude, good communications skills & enthusiasm for collaboration.
- Foreign language skills are a plus (European languages or Arabic in particular)
assistant manager, pr & events
full-time, assistant manager
NEW YORK, NY
We are seeking a talented assistant manager who will be responsible for supporting Public Relations & Events. This role must build & maintain strong relationships with media & makeup artists, have excellent verbal & written communication skills, & possess the ability to prioritize & thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have a passion for creative writing in a brand voice, & be able to react quickly to trends. This role requires an individual who is execution-driven with high energy & enthusiasm for all things PR. Experience & affinity for social media & events preferred
- Manage all PR activity for brand, products & key leadership personnel
- Liaise with & manage external PR agency
- Brainstorm creative ideas & initiatives that could become the next viral or trending story
- Identify & draft appropriate pitch angles & releases to support product launches, promotions, cultural moments, & newsworthy press hooks
- Secure relevant media opportunities & awards for product launches, priority hero products, charitable initiatives, brand storytelling & senior leaders
- Build deep relationships with key media & MUAs, & always be on the hunt for new ones!
- Maintain all internal global media & MUA contact list
- Manage all media mailer executions –target media list, creative idea, approvals & deadlines
- Write compelling pitches with catchy & creative soundbites that inspire placements across mediums for brand, product & leadership
- Fully understand and own calendar for external opportunities, ie events, conferences, summits, awards, broadcasts, podcasts, etc.
- Seek out & facilitate collaboration with like-minded brands for partnership opportunities (gifting, sweepstakes, collabs, events, seeding, etc)
- Support media events & trips- logistics, coordination, creative execution, etc.
- Stay current on industry news & trends to proactively keep the brand in the conversation
- Demonstrate understanding of social media platforms to reach journalists, influencers & consumers
- Drive crisis communication protocols
- Track & report all media coverage and MUA support – weekly & monthly
- Manage all product orders & ensure PR closet is fully stocked
- Manage 1-2 interns per semester
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in relevant role(s)
- Agency and/or media experience required; beauty industry preferred
- Previous experience organizing & executing media events
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, & ability to multi-task
- Ability to think through communication strategies & deliver tangible results
- Proven track record pitching across a variety of mediums, with a focus on strategic media relations and results
- Ability to be flexible & experience troubleshooting problems in real time
- Advanced proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Domestic and International travel will be required for this specific position. An applicant’s vaccination status may be a consideration for this specific position due to domestic and international covid vaccination travel requirements
director of brand marketing
NEW YORK, NY
We are seeking a Brand Marketing Director who will be responsible for collaborating with the Executive Director & cross-functional teams to develop & drive effective 360 marketing programs for all new product launches and existing core heroes within the product portfolio. In partnership with the team, this role will assist in the execution of launch plans, implementation of strategic marketing initiatives, & creation of marketing assets & content. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, agile, and should possess both analytical and creative skills with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally within the organization. Beauty experience preferred.
- Assists the Executive Director in leading the ideation and execution of 360° marketing plans for new launches by working cross-functionally with teams including Product Development, Trade Marketing, Merchandising, Regulatory, Digital Marketing, PR, Social, Creative, and Education
- Develops & refines brand and product messaging, ensuring key messaging is consistent across all customer touchpoints
- Helps lead creation of product claims, marketing copy & education materials
- Works closely with Product Development team to develop product messaging & concepts for new product launches
- Writes, reviews & edits copy for cross functional needs including PR, QVC, retailers, .com, digital marketing, etc.
- Develops clear & thoughtful creative briefs for content team to create best-in-class assets
- Contributes to content creation process with clear feedback & strategic direction
- Analyzes sales data, industry trends, product reviews, and competitive research to identify actionable insight
- Manages and develops team members
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years relevant Marketing experience – beauty industry required
- Exceptional analytical & creative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across all departments
- Works independently and takes initiative to problem solve