Posts tagged get the look
“After seeing Amy’s gorgeous Giambattista Valli cream colored gown, I was inspired to transform her into a classic, “Old Hollywood” movie star.”-Stephen Sollitto, celebrity makeup artist
Makeup artist tip: “clean slate 360 poreless™ 12-hr perfecting primer is ideal for oilier areas like your nose, chin, and under eyes—it’s great for minimizing the appearance of your pores and filling in any fine lines! Then smooth clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer on your cheeks and forehead—it has a slight sheen which looks great under foundation and makes your complexion look more luminous.” – Stephen Sollitto
-To begin Stephen used tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer to prep Amy’s face.
-Using tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, he buffed in tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in light for a perfect satin finish.
-Next, Stephen swirled tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blushing bride on Amy’s cheeks, followed by a light layer of tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on her cheek bones to create radiance and a subtle sheen.
-Stephen started with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II on Amy’s lids.
-To add further definition, he applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke along her lashlines and into her creases.
-He finished by lining her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner and drawing outward to create a cat-eye.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-1in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
-To finish Amy’s look, Stephen filled in her lips with tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance lipstick in wild to make her lips pop. (*out exclusively at Sephora in July 2012)
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Emmy picked a gorgeous buttercup yellow Oliver Tolentino 50’s silhouette party dress that was made out of pineapple and hemp fibers for the Global Green Oscar Party, so I wanted to use tarte as it’s my favorite green makeup line that’s at the forefront of beauty. Inspired by the sweetness of the dress’s color and form, I chose a color palette of sherbets and bubble gum, perfectly suited for spring.” – Amy Nadine, celebrity makeup artist
For a light and dewy finish, Amy mixed smooth operator™ Amazonian clay Illuminating serum with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.
Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in dollface for a sheer candy pink with a hint of shimmer starting on the apples of her cheeks.
For a wash of apricot color, she swept soft sienna from tarte’s femme naturale eyeshadow palette all over her lids followed by soft petal pink along the crease. She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara in black.
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
As vampy vixen Pam on the show, Kristin Bauer looked every bit her character when she stepped in to Sephora 5 Times Square for our Fashion’s Night Out event last Thursday. It was a look to die for, with sparkling crimson lips, a just-bitten flush, and smoldering vixen eyes thanks to the tarte™ for True Blood™ collection.
Once we saw Kristin, we knew we would be recreating the look on ourselves at home, so we asked tarte makeup artist Tony Ballard to share how he achieved Kristin’s vampy glam:
Overall Inspiration: “I was inspired by Kristin’s True Blood® character Pam – I wanted her to be sassy, but still classic with a strong red lip.”
complexion & cheeks
-Tony smoothed Kristin’s complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 12.
-He set her complexion with tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder.
-From the tarte™ for True Blood™ palette, he applied a soft wash of “the light,” a shimmering warm ivory over the entire lid, and then highlighted Kristin’s crease with “dusk,” a matte warm taupe.
-For extra drama to celebrate the evening, he used tarte’s multiplEYE™ lash enhancing liquid liner in black along her upper lash line.
-He then coated her top and bottom lashes with tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
-To complete Kristin’s look, Tony used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in fiery, a matte red, on her sexy pout.
Are you daring enough to try this look yourself? Show us! Post pictures of your vampy vixen self on our Facebook page.
Reality TV star turned fashion designer/New York Times bestselling author/blogging extraordinaire Lauren Conrad personifies easy, breezy, California style. From her daily uniform of a C&C tank and ripped jeans on Laguna Beach, to the side-braid style she made ever-so-popular from her days on The Hills, to her sophisticated and simple style as of late, there is no look that this beachy (now ombre’d) blonde can’t pull off.
So what is the secret to LC’s fabulous, yet effortlessly chic style? She has figured out what is most flattering for her, and runs with it. She is able to dress up basics with fabulous accessories and fun hair and makeup, yet never wears anything overtly trendy or embellished. Her upcoming fashion collection, Paper Crown, places an emphasis on fabulously simple, timeless pieces that can be mixed and matched to create a plethora of looks suitable for any occasion, body type, or style.
Lauren’s most recent looks showcase her ability to put trendy hair and makeup looks with simple, well-tailored clothing to create a style that is all her own. Let’s take a closer look!
On a recent appearance on Chelsea Handler’s show (just hours after she turned in the manuscript for her fifth novel – is this girl an overachiever or what?!), Lauren looked gorgeously glam in a black mini-dress with lace overlay, worn with chunky wooden platforms. Her hair was perfectly plaited to the side and with the help of makeup artist Amy Nadine (with whom Lauren runs beauty blog, The Beauty Department), she looked positively radiant. You can get Lauren’s look by pairing this dress [choose one]
with shoes from Lauren’s own Kohl’s line: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandswomen/lc/shoes/PRD~785408/LC+Lauren+Conrad+Victoria+Platform+Sandals.jsp
Amy Nadine definently used a nude lip color to help.
How do you think Lauren Conrad’s style can be translated best to your own life?
Jen & Charlotte
The beautiful Kate Bosworth arrived at the premiere of L!fe Happens not only wearing a gorgeous pink number, but also decked out in tarte. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine wanted to give her a look that would compliment her hot pink Richard Nicoll dress. She “opted for a simple and soft look to highlight Kate’s natural beauty.” She incorporated delicate pops of pink on her cheeks and lips. Following Amy’s easy steps, there’s no reason why you can’t replicate Kate’s look at home!
- To begin Amy applied tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 04 all over Kate’s skin with a foundation brush.
- For the area below her eyes, she used tarte’s new maracuja creaseless concealer in light.
- She then used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze as a contour on the hollows of the cheek
- For a subtle glow, she used tarte’s natural cheek stain in blissful, a warm peachy-pink, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface for a hint of pink.
- To ensure that her look lasted through the evening, Amy used tarte’s lifted natural eyelid primer.
- Using the new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette, Amy applied charmer (sparkling burnt copper/golden peach) in the crease and dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over the lid.
- For volume and separation on her upper lashes, Amy used tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To frame Kate’s eyes, Amy used tarte’s emphasEYES brow high definition eyebrow pencil in medium brown (one shade darker).
- To complete Kate’s “pretty in pink” look, Amy used tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in amused (bright pink) on her pout.
What tarte products are you wearing on your “red carpet”?