Posts tagged LipSurgence Lip Tint
The holidays are over but winter has barely kicked in. If you’re braving the skies — or highways or train tracks — over the next couple months, make sure you pack for comfort. It’s no fun spending 6 hours crammed in the backseat of a two-door with nothing to do, and let’s face it, there are very few things worse than suffering through wet socks on a red-eye flight.
While comfort is important, you should never sacrifice style — so we’ve rounded up the perfect travel checklist for the cold weather jet setter.
Clockwise from the top left: Serious baggage: Flight 001 luggage tags, $18. Snuggle up: Minnie Rose cashmere shawl, $395. The best-seller: The Help, $11. Sweet escape: a new playlist and Zumreed striped blue headphones, $55. Small luxuries: Hunter ‘Fleece Welly’ socks, $30. Anywhere comfort: In-flight sleep masks and neck pillow, $22 and $18. Quick refreshers: Ole Hendrickson Truth To Go wipes, $6. Pretty quencher: LipSurgence lip tints, $24. A hold-everything bag: Duex Lux Felix medium duffle, $102.
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
who: Kim Schifino, drummer and vocalist for the dance punk duo Matt and Kim.
claim to fame: Known for their do-it-yourself additude toward music and the fact that they’re almost always on tour, the band’s tunes have also been featured on TV shows like Community, Entourage, Skins and Chuck, along with a handful of commercials and films.
her gift list:
1. LipSurgence™ lip tints: “I have chapped lips year-round so I always need to keep them covered. I always have a lipstick or chapstick in hand and you should too — incase I lose mine and need to borrow yours!”
2. Eco-chic greeting cards and gift tags from Paper Playne: “Similar to downloading a song, you download a file and you can print out your own Holiday stationary so you can enjoy the designs over and over agan. Here’s a free download for the gift tags.”
3. Clarisonic: “I sweat my @#& off on stage. I use this after every performance to give my skin the ultimate cleaning. Maybe I will get one for Matt? Haha.”
4. Matt and Kim Sidewalks: “I listen to Sidewalks all the time. You should too!”
5. Bumble and bumble curl conscious reactivating mist: “For my sister, who has curly/wavy hair like me. We both love it!”
6. Restoration Hardware Luxury Plush Throw: “I have three of these. One for the couch, one for our bed, and one for the tour bus! If you buy three of something then you know it’s good!”
7. LEGO Architecture Empire State Building: “I may have already picked this up for someone who I’m with all the time! SHHH Don’t tell him!”
8. tarte aqua-gel eyeliners: “I have these in every color.”
For more info on Kim, visit mattandkimmusic.com. And stay tuned for more unique gift guides as we feature the holiday picks of one of our friends or family members each day, all week long!
Another New York Fashion Week, another Fashion’s Night Out — and it was a huge success! We were so excited to meet all the tartelettes who made it out, as well as those who tweeted along with us through the night.
The tarte™ team set up shop at Sephora 5 Times Square to celebrate FNO and our tarte™ for True Blood ™ collection, where the stunning and eco-friendly celebrity Kristin Bauer, aka Pam from True Blood®, made an appearance. She looked absolutely gorgeous thanks to the help of our very own tarte makeup artist Tony Ballard. (p.s. Our next blog post will feature Kristin’s complete look with details on how you can recreate it). Kristin was wearing tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in fiery, which gave her a perfectly sultry pout. Despite her day job playing the severe vamp Pam, Kristin was incredibly friendly and easy going. She stayed for over two hours to greet fans and pose for photos — the line to meet her stretched all the way around the store!
While Kristin was True Blooding it up with fans, our super talented team of tarte makeup artists were hard at work, giving mini makeovers to lucky FNOers (yeah, that line was pretty long too). By the end of the night Sephora was packed with perfectly done, sparkling red pouts.
And that’s not all, downtown, QVC hosted a star-studded event with a to-die-for beauty bar. While celebs like Heidi Klum, Isaac Mizrahi and Sarah Jessica Parker mingled, tarte’s very own Jen and Leigh were teaching party-goers how to create the perfect lip with LipSurgence™ lip tints.
And for those who couldn’t make it to any of the events in person, we also hosted our first FNO twitter raffle. We’re so pleased to announce @jules79200 as the winner of an exclusive tarte™ for True Blood ™ prize package!
The beautiful Kate Bosworth arrived at the premiere of L!fe Happens not only wearing a gorgeous pink number, but also decked out in tarte. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine wanted to give her a look that would compliment her hot pink Richard Nicoll dress. She “opted for a simple and soft look to highlight Kate’s natural beauty.” She incorporated delicate pops of pink on her cheeks and lips. Following Amy’s easy steps, there’s no reason why you can’t replicate Kate’s look at home!
- To begin Amy applied tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 04 all over Kate’s skin with a foundation brush.
- For the area below her eyes, she used tarte’s new maracuja creaseless concealer in light.
- She then used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze as a contour on the hollows of the cheek
- For a subtle glow, she used tarte’s natural cheek stain in blissful, a warm peachy-pink, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface for a hint of pink.
- To ensure that her look lasted through the evening, Amy used tarte’s lifted natural eyelid primer.
- Using the new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette, Amy applied charmer (sparkling burnt copper/golden peach) in the crease and dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over the lid.
- For volume and separation on her upper lashes, Amy used tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To frame Kate’s eyes, Amy used tarte’s emphasEYES brow high definition eyebrow pencil in medium brown (one shade darker).
- To complete Kate’s “pretty in pink” look, Amy used tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in amused (bright pink) on her pout.
What tarte products are you wearing on your “red carpet”?
Hot for Holidays! Tarte asked professional lifestyle photographer Tamara Lackey for her tips on how to look your best in photographs this season.
The holiday season presents opportunities galore for photo taking and we all want to look our best in the moment. As a photographer, I’m used to throwing out hints to my subjects about how they can look better in front of the camera and teaching them simple tips and tricks to get picture-ready. And the great thing about helping you tartlettes look your best in photographs is that there are so many awesome tarte cosmetics that can help step up your look through a camera lens! Day-to-day – and definitely at photo shoots – I’m never caught without the aqua-gel eyeliner, LipSurgence lip tint stick (I’m a “Moody” lover), and the mineral powder bronzer that I cannot live without.
- Whichever products are your favorite, be sure to carry something to help brighten your eyes, cheeks and lips – even a quick re-apply will help brighten your face and help you look fresh in pictures.
- For events that you know will have a lot of photo action, opt for matte finish. Shine is exaggerated by the small but super bright point-and-shoot camera flash and even a little bit of “glow” can end up looking oily.
- If you’re applying lip-gloss right before a photo, try to rub your lips together a bit or even blot them slightly with a napkin. Extra-shiny lips can look be overly reflective and look distracting with flash.
- Smooth don’t scrunch your hair! The instinct is to fluff up but this often makes hair look messy. Run a smooth hand over your hair for a put together look!
- When standing, do some creative posing for the most flattering results. Here’s a few suggestions:
- Always stand at an angle to the camera with one foot crossed in front of the other
- A hand on the waistline can also help create definition
- I always have my subjects stick their chin out and down just a hint. It might feel a bit awkward, but this will give you great facial definition for any photo taken from the front
- Lean forward slightly at the waist also and definitely avoid leaning backwards! It will make a world of difference
- Choose timeless over trendy when selecting an outfit. Avoid anything with a lot of logo’s or anything that is so “it this moment” that when the moment passes the photo will look dated.
Now that you’re ready for this holiday seasons photo taking opportunities, I am also excited to offer a giveaway to 3 tartelettes who chime in with their own great ideas on how to take photographs that your friends won’t want to de-tag later! We’ll select three winners and send them each a Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography Gift Set, with our new DVD, Book, and On-the-Go Quick Reference Guide. Feel free to keep it for yourself or give it away as a gift.
What are some of your ideas?
Tamara Lackey is a professional lifestyle photographer with more than a decade of experience capturing life’s moments beautifully. Also a long-time vegetarian and animal-lover, Tamara uses Tarte in support of our mission to create cosmetics that cause no harm to animals and contain no synthetic dyes or added fragrance.
*Need a great add on gift for someone getting a new point and shoot camera or SLR, this Holiday season? “Tamara Lackey’s, Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography” DVD and book will show them how to turn their everyday snapshots into little works of art. On the go? The quick reference guide and iPhone App will show you tips and tricks fast when you are photographing on the move.