Posts tagged New Jersey
The Big City. Yankees vs. Red Sox. The Atlantic Coastline. The Northeast is known for a lot of things, but one of the most beautiful is our fall foliage. The changing leaves and mountain landscapes are reason enough to escape the city for a weekend. This time of year the tri-state area also boasts a slew of amazing orchards and vineyards. Apple and pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes, haunted houses, cider and wine tasting; from September-November these seasonal destinations promise the perfect weekend afternoon.
Confused on where to go? Fret not my friend. I have compiled a short list of kid and adult-friendly hotspots; all of them are favorites of the staff here at tarte. So, this weekend rent a car or hop on the transit lines for an urban escape. Don’t live in the area? Or, did I miss one of your family favorites? Please share some details in our comments box, we’d love to hear from you.
Northern, NY & Long Island
- Applewood Orchards & Winery, Warwick, NY http://applewoodorchards.com/
- Stone Ridge Orchard, Stone Ridge,NY http://applewoodorchards.com/
- Harbes Farm & Vineyard, Mattituck, NY & Riverhead, NY http://www.harbesfamilyfarm.com/
- Headless Horseman Hayrides & Haunted Houses, Ulster Park, NY http://www.headlesshorseman.com/index.php
- Eastmont Orchards, Colts Neck, NJ http://www.eastmontorchards.com/
- Delicious Orchards, Colts Neck, NJ http://www.deliciousorchardsnj.com/welcome/index.php
- Alstede Farms, Chester, NJ http://alstedefarms.com/
- Beardsley’s Cider Mill & Orchard, Shelton, CT http://beardsleyscidermill.com/
- Silverman’s Farm, Easton, CT http://silvermansfarm.com/
I was just reading the line up for the Coachella music festival in Indio, California this year, and the article mentioned that the same promoters are launching a similar music event on the east coast, at Liberty State park in New Jersey. The festival won’t be quite the same as Coachella where most concert goers camp out in the desert, instead trains and ferries will shuttle people in for the 3 day event along the waterside with the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan as a beautiful back drop. Major headliners like Radiohead are expected to be announced. I can’t wait, sounds like a pretty cool event!