Gift Guide–Gifts that Give Back!
This holiday season make a change—gift beyond your family & friends. Look for products that donate a portion (or all) of proceeds to a worthy cause. I’m trying to make a conscious effort to choose items that help make it merry for everyone! What’s that saying again? Oh yes, “Tis better to give than receive.” Here are some ideas to get you started!
- The FEED 3 Bear is made from 100% plush organic cotton and natural burlap. This snuggle buddy is perfect for your little one and like all FEED products—it’s their goal to sell as many FEED 3 bears as possible to FEED and educate the world’s 400 million hungry children. “Nut,” the FEED 3 bear, will provide Plumpy’Nut® for 3 children through Industrial Revelation.
- tarte’s t5™ super fruit complex is found in many products including our cult fave, natural cheek stain. With the purchase of any tarte product containing t5™, tarte will donate proceeds to the Sustainable Amazon Partnership (SAP)—helping to preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest stewardship, improved living conditions and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil.
- The Retro Green Scooter is a sleek ride for any 3-to-5 year old & proceeds from every purchase are donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
- For the stylista, the ‘Nana’ ring from H.E.L.P’s Panthera Collection is a generous gift that benefits nutritional education in Malawi.
- My personal favorite is from Heart U Back. Their cord adjustable bracelet (think very Links of London) comes in a ton of colors (I picked up red) and mixes in perfect with the rest of your stackables. The best part, Heart U Back promises $125,000 in proceeds to the ASPCA.