Archive for February, 2012
Was Valentine’s Day really only two days ago? We hope the love birds among us had a blast, but for the rest of you, here’s a playlist to cuddle with. So crank up the volume and carry on…..love stinks anyway!
1. Justin Timberlake, “Cry Me A River”
2. Carly Simon, “You’re So Vain”
3. Beyonce, “Single Ladies”
4. Billy Idol, “Dancing With Myself”
5. J. Geils Band, “Love Stinks”
What’s not to love about butter London nail polish? A 3 Free company, their products are formulated without Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP, plus they feature some serious rock star colors. The shade above is called Slapper — part of their summer 2012 collection – an incredibly versatile and fun polish that can liven up any outfit. To cheer up a gloomy and rainy Wednesday, our customer service rep Jen decided to slap on a coat (pun intended), and things are already looking brighter.
Happy Valentine’s, tartelettes! Whether you’re celebrating with your true love, going out with your girls, or staying in and having a night all to yourself, you probably want to look good while doing it. We’ve picked a few looks that would be suitable for any V-Day occasion, all courtesy of some of our favorite personal-style bloggers.
When you’re heading out for a night on the town with a hot date, nothing’s better than a silk cocktail dress. We love the stunning bejeweled back on this one on Cupcakes and Cashmere’s Emily Schuman.
Or perhaps you’re meeting your Valentine for a lunch date? Hit the right balance between casual and coquettish by pairing a short dress and heels with a ladylike coat. Keiko Lynn’s Keiko Lynn does it just right.
If you’re going out with your girls, you can be a little playful. How about a sparkly tank tucked into some gorgeous high-waisted pants? Brooklyn Blonde’s Helena tops hers off with a jacket; we’d suggest either a faux-leather bomber or a super-fitted blazer.
Your love is whisking you off on a romantic weekend get-away? Lucky girl! Take a cue from Cupcakes and Cashmere’s Emily Schuman on how to travel in style: adorable oxfords, bright skinnies, and layered button-downs.
… And be sure to pack such suitcase-friendly separates such as a long skirts and a striped tees. As Atlantic-Pacific’s Blair “Bee” Eadie shows, they make for the perfect romantic-yet-casual combo.
Many beautiful gowns walked down the red carpet at the BAFTA awards last night. As we’ve seen throughout the rest of awards season, neutrals, metallics, and classic black were predominant. But, while we think everyone looked beautiful, only a few gowns stood out and made us go, “Wow” – including one bold, eco-friendly number that left us drooling. Here are our picks for the best-dressed women at the BAFTA awards.
Kristen Wiig, one of our favorite funny girls, looked like an Old Hollywood bombshell in this satin Alberta Ferretti.
But our top pick of the night has to go to Viola Davis, who looked completely stunning in this salmon one-shouldered gown. Not only are the color and draping spot-on, but here’s the kicker: the dress was made entirely from recycled water bottles, by Valentino in collaboration with the Green Carpet Challenge. What a gorgeous tribute to eco-friendly fashion!
Looks like we have Lady Gaga to thank for inspiring celebs to dress like it’s Halloween on the red carpet. The 2012 Grammy’s were filled with some outlandish attire, but we were still able to narrow it down the 10 best dressed.
Carrie Underwood was glowing in this intricate, open-back gown. With her swept-back blonde hair and stunning blue eyes, she outshone everyone on the red carpet.
Adele Stayed true to her classic style by rocking the retro cat eye with a gorgeous vintage style Armani gown. She arrived at the red carpet already a winner!
Hilary Scott wore this gorgeously draped gown that really flattered her figure. Her long sleek locks pulled this entire look together. Oh yeah, and her makeup? All tarte.
Julianne Hough chose this exotic black strapless gown and kept her hair and makeup simple, balancing out her entire look.
Kelly Osborne, infamous for her daring dress choices,looked chic and elegant in this one shoulder Grecian-influenced gown. And her soft purple locks looked beautiful — Katy Perry, take notes!
Kelly Rowland knows she has an amazing figure, and in this gown so does everyone else! She chose a dress that really complimented her shape, but still looked lovely and elegant.
I usually don’t choose Paris Hilton as a best dressed candidate, but she really looked gorgeous last night. She shockingly chose a tasteful and sophisticated gown. Well done, Ms. Hilton!
Rihanna collaborated with Armani to design this risqué little number. She definitely could have done something else with her hair, but the dress was perfect.
Jane Seymour kept it simple in this fitted, gold gown. She looks amazing, while still dressing for her age and maintaining her sexy appeal.
Katy Perry always knows how to stand out and make a statement. Despite her blue hair her blue gown and makeup were done up to perfection.
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
Looking for some peppy love songs to amp you up for Valentine’s Day? These sweet tunes range from indie to poppy, and will definitely get you in the mood for some upbeat lovin’!
1. Cake, “Love You Madly”
2. The Cardigans, “Lovefool”
3. David Grey, “This Year’s Love”
4. Selena Gomez, “Love You Like A Love Song”
5. John Mayer, “Your Body Is A Wonderland”