8 best foods for healthy skin
Eye creams, face peels and cleansers can only get your complexion so far. Truly radiant skin comes from a diet full of healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Sounds complicated and unappetizing? It’s not, below are 8 of the most skin-friendly and delicious foods we could find.
1. Almonds - Packed with vitamin E which acts as an antioxidant that helps to protect skin cells from damaging UV light and other environmental factors that damage the skin cells.
2. Carrots - Great for clearing up breakouts, carrots are loaded with Vitamin A — they also reduce the development of skin-cancer cells.
3. Dark chocolate - Not only does this sweet snack satisfy your sweet tooth, but it’s also a great source of antioxidants that help protect your skin against sun damage.
4. Safflower oil - Got harsh, flaky, itchy skin? Safflower makes a great moisturizer extremely dry skin because of it’s high levels of omega-6 fatty acids. Great for people who suffer eczema!
5. Spinach - The water in greens such as spinach penetrate cell membranes giving skin a plumper less wrinkled texture.
6. Sweet potatoes – This vegetable is so sweet it actually smoothes out wrinkles, a byproduct of it’s vitamin C, it also boosts skin’s collagen production.
7. Tomatoes – These versatile veggies have an ingredient in them called Lycopene, which helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays.
8. Salmon – Packed with Omega-3s, salmon is great for fighting inflammation. Take that puffy, morning eyes!