These looks worked in New York, they worked in London, and they can work for you. Here are our favorite spring beauty trends, straight from the New York and London catwalks – and our tips for how to rock them yourself. More >
Vanilla and cinnamon; honey, plum and pumpkin — warm, sweet and distinct, the aromas of fall are comforting and evocative. Even if you live in year-round tropical climes, just a hint of scent can create a feeling of autumnal bliss. A well-placed candle will lift your spirit as the season rolls in. Ranging from earthy to exotic, here are our top choices for autumnal aromatics. More >
Meet tarte tastemaker Lindsay Luv, celebrity DJ, fashion blogger, and style guru, after launching her career in New York City, she’s become a popular fixture in Hollywood and around the world, spinning at top nightclubs and star studded events. She’s been featured in numerous celebrity weeklies such as People and US Weekly, appeared in fashion magazines like Blackbook and NYLON, and worked one-on-one with a roster of superstar clients. We got this ‘it’ she-jay to sit down and answer a couple questions for us about music, life, love and, of course, beauty.
Avid readers of our blog know that we’re all about fall prep. We can’t wait for autumn fashions and trends, the crisper air, exotic holiday travel, yes, delicious baked goods and calorie packed lattes. Pumpkin-spiced everything is already showing up on menus everywhere, tempting us to indulge in sweet snacks we would otherwise avoid. But worry not tartelettes! We found a few easy recipes to satisfy any sweet tooth, without tipping the scale.
Choose this… not that! More >
It’s been a season of celebration and change for the tarte team. It seems not a week went by that we weren’t toasting life moments, engagements and weddings — both planned and spontaneous! But, perhaps the most joyful news was that Candace, our director of communications and market strategy, is expecting. A backbone member of the tarte team, Candace is one of the people that really makes this company tick — we knew we had to surprise her with a fête worthy of the PR dynamo! More >
Still haven’t stocked-up on your back to school necessities? No worries, we’ve wrangled two of our favorite beauty and lifestyle gurus, Tracy and Stefanie from Eleventh Gorgeous, to give you their foolproof tips on starting the new semester in style.
Plus, check out their back to school ‘what’s in my backpack’ video and learn how to get 20% off tarte.com.
Would you wear sweatpants or jeans to class and why?
Tracy: My go-to outfit would be jeans, a cute top, and sandals. If I’m running late, I’d wear yoga pants and a t-shirt and throw my hair up in a ponytail. More >
The weather is warming up and pretty soon you’ll have no choice but to pull on a pair of short shorts, wear a belly-bearing top, or hit the street in a sleeveless tank.
Whether you’re a born jock or scrambling to follow a fitness routine for the sake of a summer-ready body, nothing can amp you up for a workout faster than pretty and flattering new gym clothes. Here, we’ve taken the guesswork out of fitness apparel shopping. Swap out your old sweats, get your heart rate pumping and face summer fearlessly.
Work it, girl!
Yesterday the tarte team got a nice surprise package from Water Bobble! The company, who’s mission is to make clean water portable while helping to eliminate plastic water bottle waste, sent over a big box of their innovative and beautifully designed reusable, water filtering bottles. The bobble’s filters are replaceable, but each one equates to 300 single-serve bottles. Yeah, that’s a lot of bottles.
Both functional and attractive, we’re psyched to test out our new bobbles. Thanks Water Bobble, you truly do make water better!
As our online marketing manager, Staci is all business. Part number cruncher, part saleswomen, she’s tasked with getting our products in to the hands of tartelettes across the nation. She also has a creative streak and an appreciation for beauty, like everyone in the tarte office. We stopped by her desk to see what she needs within arms reach on the daily.
- Flowers: “This gorgeous arrangement was a surprise delivery. It definitely added the perfect pop of color on an rainy spring day.”
- Family photos: “I love photos — here’s one of my best girlfriends from growing up; another of me, my mom and my sister; and a bunch of my bulldog, Charley. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t surf, I just love the beach!”
- Go orange card: “I graduated from Syracuse — Go Orange!”
- Calculator: “I rely on my calculator — there’s never a day that I’m not crunching numbers.”
- Hand sanitizer: ”I may have been called germ-a-phobic once or twice in my life…but hey, we live in NYC, hand sanitizer is essential post-subway.”
- LipSurgence™ lip tint: “My fave shade this spring is charmed. It’s the perfect shade of pink for my complexion.”
- Julep Nail Care: “My cousin turned me on to Julep for nail care. This growth serum is amazing!”
- tarte check stain and a photo of her boyfriend and dog: “I use true love cheek stain on a daily basis…how ironic that it’s placed right next to a picture of my boyfriend, Andrew, and our dog, Charley.”
- iPhone: “Whether I’m updating tarte.com on the go, or just staying in touch, this phone is a must-have for me.”
- maracuja divine shine lip gloss: “One of my coworkers turned me on to the layering look – I use LipSurgence™ lip tint in charmed and then layer it with maracuja divine shine for an ultra-glossy smile.”