Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Emmy picked a gorgeous buttercup yellow Oliver Tolentino 50’s silhouette party dress that was made out of pineapple and hemp fibers for the Global Green Oscar Party, so I wanted to use tarte as it’s my favorite green makeup line that’s at the forefront of beauty. Inspired by the sweetness of the dress’s color and form, I chose a color palette of sherbets and bubble gum, perfectly suited for spring.” – Amy Nadine, celebrity makeup artist
For a light and dewy finish, Amy mixed smooth operator™ Amazonian clay Illuminating serum with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.
Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in dollface for a sheer candy pink with a hint of shimmer starting on the apples of her cheeks.
For a wash of apricot color, she swept soft sienna from tarte’s femme naturale eyeshadow palette all over her lids followed by soft petal pink along the crease. She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara in black.
Was Valentine’s Day really only two days ago? We hope the love birds among us had a blast, but for the rest of you, here’s a playlist to cuddle with. So crank up the volume and carry on…..love stinks anyway!
1. Justin Timberlake, “Cry Me A River”
2. Carly Simon, “You’re So Vain”
3. Beyonce, “Single Ladies”
4. Billy Idol, “Dancing With Myself”
5. J. Geils Band, “Love Stinks”
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
Babycakes bakery is great place to pick up treats if your sweetie is a vegan, these cupcakes are healthy, but still sure satisfy any sweet tooth
Strawberries are a great choice for Valentine’s Day. They’re loaded with healthy minerals and vitamins, the kind that boost your immune system, improve brain health, and slow aging. Add a little dark chocolate and you’ve got a treat very few people can resist. Yeah, that’s sweet.
Dark chocolate — a potent antioxidant known to lower blood pressure — covered almonds are packed with protein and vitamins that not only taste great, but are healthy as well. Unless your sweetie is allergic to nuts — we suggest you find that out first — these are the perfect Valentine’s gift.
Angel food cake is really a star in the world of baking and confection. Named because of it’s light and airy texture, this cake is great because it’s low in calories but still offers a delicious sweet taste without the guilt.
One of the perks of living in NYC? You never know who you’re going to run into. Early this morning, Jenna, tarte’s creative marketing manager bumped in creative great Simon Doonan on 5th Ave. In her own words:
“So sleepy this morning… but awake enough to notice Barneys New York‘s Creative Extraordinaire Simon Doonan walking down 5th Avenue next to me… which is why I had to grab him (with force) for a photo op. Ha! The best part? He was oh-so-genuinely-nice and what’s nicer than being nice AND having amazing style? They go hand in hand.”
Have you ever run into a living legend on the street? Tell us all about it, or better yet, share a photo!
My top five favorite new tunes for a wintry weekend. Trust me, all your friends have these jams already. Don’t be the last to know, download these now!
1. Cage the Elephant, “Aberdeen”
From Bowling Green, Kentucky; these southern boys have made a name for themselves through high energy live performances and amazing lyrics — making them a huge hit in the U.S. and U.K.
2. The Wombats, “Jump into The Fog”
While they have a completely different sound than The Beatles, the two bands share the same home, Liverpool, and man, do they know how to rock. The Wombats have that awesome British feel to them that we all know and love. Want to indulge in some musical Anglophilia? Just plug in the headphones and turn it up.
3. M83, “Midnight City”
M83 is the brainchild of French musician Anthony Gonzalez. With a unique sound, M83 never disappoints. This is my go-to workout song when I’m feeling lazy and blah..it really gets my blood pumping!
4. Imperial Teen,“Runaway”
Having provided the soundtrack to the infamous and iconic scene of four teen beauties — the original mean girls — walking down their high school hallway in 1999’s twisted comedy Jawbreaker, Imperial Teen may be a throwback, but well worth a second glance. I’m thrilled that they are making such a strong impact. Check ‘em out!
5. The Naked and Famous, “Girls like you”
Who doesn’t love an import from Down Under?? The Naked and Famous is a New Zealand indie rock band from Auckland. Do yourself a favor and download them now. These guys are an incendiary force to be reckoned with.
~Last sunday my friend and I made the trek to Randall’s Island for the Farm Aid benefit concert started by Dave Matthews which works to keep family farmers on their land. I’m a huge Dave fan and was so excited to see him perform along with Willie Nelson and Neil Young, BUT the show was so poorly coordinated that the bathroom lines exceed an hour! So basically the whole day was spent in line, either waiting for food and beverages, or waiting for the bathroom. And I know we weren’t the only ones that felt this way so I need everyone to speak up and let the promoters know that the lines ruined the whole experience!! boo. -heather r
~Brrrr…I just got back from Sundance! It was so much fun (and a lot of hard work!). We were part of a gifting suite (The Green House) and we met a lot of cool people (and of course, there were some celeb sightings). While Greg & I were walking down Main Street in our new, warm Moncler jackets we spotted: Anthony Hopkins, Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Nick Cannon, Kyra Sedgwick, Scott Speedman, Jamie Kennedy…..We also picked up some really cool shirts from The Secession.We didn’t get a chance to hit the slopes or catch some movies, but I did get a glimpse of Justin Timberlake! That counts for something! -candace