TV & Movies
Learn how to get Katniss’s flawless, glowly skin — the ‘no makeup’ makeup look —with these simple steps.
Products you’ll need:
-Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15
-smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum
-airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
-cheek stain in true love
-Amazonian clay 12-hour shimmering blush in buff
-smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eye liner in golden black and bronze
-lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven mascara
-maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Emmy picked a gorgeous buttercup yellow Oliver Tolentino 50’s silhouette party dress that was made out of pineapple and hemp fibers for the Global Green Oscar Party, so I wanted to use tarte as it’s my favorite green makeup line that’s at the forefront of beauty. Inspired by the sweetness of the dress’s color and form, I chose a color palette of sherbets and bubble gum, perfectly suited for spring.” – Amy Nadine, celebrity makeup artist
For a light and dewy finish, Amy mixed smooth operator™ Amazonian clay Illuminating serum with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.
Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in dollface for a sheer candy pink with a hint of shimmer starting on the apples of her cheeks.
For a wash of apricot color, she swept soft sienna from tarte’s femme naturale eyeshadow palette all over her lids followed by soft petal pink along the crease. She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara in black.
“Debra said she wanted knock-em-dead eyes. She wanted a super smoky dramatic look, so we made it all about glamorous eyes, and accentuated them with a shiny, natural nude gloss on the lips.” – Jeannia Robinette, celebrity makeup artist
- To begin, Jeannia used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, applied with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
- She added a touch of sheen with tarte’s new maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on the tops of her cheekbones and around her temples
- She then used Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
- To make her cheekbones pop, she used tarte’s new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff a warm nude with a touch of shimmer, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
- She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil
- Then she smudged smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black along the lash line, followed by smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in olive, which added the perfect hint of green to complement her earrings.
- She followed by tapping on Amazonian clay cream shadow in shimmering moss to set the look and strike the perfect balance of black and green.
- For loads of volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Jeannia used two coats of tarte’s light, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara, which made her eyes pop.
1. The Vow – February 10th 2012
2. The Raven – March 9th 2012
3. 21 Jump Street – March 16th 2012
4. The Hunger Games – March 23rd 2012
5. The Five Year Engagement – April 27th 2012
6. The Avengers – May 4th 2012
7. Snow White and the Huntsman – June 1st 2012
8. Rock of Ages – June 1st 2012
9. The Dark Knight Rises – July 20th 2012
10. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 – November 16th 2012
11. Les Mise’rables – December 7th 2012
12. This is 40 – December 21st 2012
13. The Great Gatsby – December 25th 2012
With so many great movies at the Box Office this summer, there’s no reason for boredom! Our list of comedies includes
- “Bad Teacher”
- “The Hangover Part II”
- And the ladies’ choice of date night: “Bridesmaids.”
The roster for romantic films isn’t too shabby either featuring films like “The art of getting by,” starring Emma Roberts and the highly-acclaimed film “Water for Elephants,” starring Reese Witherspoon and the heart-melting Robert Pattinson.
That said “Bridesmaids” was my number one priority for summer movies! It was so funny! Literally, when I wasn’t face deep in popcorn and Nestlé Raisinets! ®, I was hysterically laughing! It was a miracle (thank you tarte) that I didn’t leave the theatre with mascara all down my face.
What’s your must-see, summer movie list?
CONGRATULATIONS EVE! We have contacted your e-mail address. Thank you all for playing xo
Finally! We’re one day away from the much-anticipated premiere of Sex & The City 2! As our favorite Manhattan quartet sets out (once again) to tackle life, love and friendship I can’t help but be overly excited. I could re-hash my favorite episodes, quotes and sticky situations forever, but I want to know just how many details YOU can remember. So here it is: The Sex &The City 2 Countdown Contest! You have 24 hours to comment the correct answers to ALL 10 trivia questions posted above on either our blog or Facebook Fan page. Two winners (1 on each) will win a tarte beauty collection fit for a ‘Hot Child in The City’! The fun doesn’t end there; post some trivia of your own—I would love to play along
The City Girl Prize Pack Includes:
- celebutante natural dry-oil shimmer spray
- park ave princess mineral powder bronzer
- 24.7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 in champagne brunch
- LipSurgence™ natural lip stain in lust
- lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
Celebrity makeup artist Maria Maio gave actress Susie Essman the perfect look using her favorite tarte goodies for hidden camera TV show Make My Day. Since we’re huge fans of her hilarious, out-spoken character ‘Sussie’ in HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, we’ll definitely be tuning in to her latest project! Get this glowing day look with the vanity available at QVC today. Kudos to Maria—we love it!
~I’m anxiously awaiting the return of one of my favorite series of all time, Prison Break. I’m literally counting down the days until September 17th – it feels like an eternity since last season ended and I’ve been pining for a new episode ever since! Besides being a great show I look forward to having Monday night quality time with Rich – usually one of us has to compromise while the other watches sports (Rich) or reruns of Law & Order (me). This is one show that we are both really into and it’s become a fun tradition to make dinner and watch the show together every Monday night! -maria
~I went to see Superbad this weekend (along with half of the population of NYC) and loved it! I was a little nervous that it would be like Knocked Up – you know – kind of funny but nothing to write home about. Well, it was more like 40 Year Old Virgin! I can’t wait until it comes out on DVD so I can constantly quote lines with everyone at work! -heather