Posts tagged celebrity beauty
“After seeing Amy’s gorgeous Giambattista Valli cream colored gown, I was inspired to transform her into a classic, “Old Hollywood” movie star.”-Stephen Sollitto, celebrity makeup artist
Makeup artist tip: “clean slate 360 poreless™ 12-hr perfecting primer is ideal for oilier areas like your nose, chin, and under eyes—it’s great for minimizing the appearance of your pores and filling in any fine lines! Then smooth clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer on your cheeks and forehead—it has a slight sheen which looks great under foundation and makes your complexion look more luminous.” – Stephen Sollitto
-To begin Stephen used tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer to prep Amy’s face.
-Using tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, he buffed in tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in light for a perfect satin finish.
-Next, Stephen swirled tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blushing bride on Amy’s cheeks, followed by a light layer of tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on her cheek bones to create radiance and a subtle sheen.
-Stephen started with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II on Amy’s lids.
-To add further definition, he applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke along her lashlines and into her creases.
-He finished by lining her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner and drawing outward to create a cat-eye.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-1in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
-To finish Amy’s look, Stephen filled in her lips with tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance lipstick in wild to make her lips pop. (*out exclusively at Sephora in July 2012)
Photo via InStyle
“Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” – Heba Thorisdottir, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
*For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer — coming soon — along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms.
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!! On this “green” holiday, we wanted to celebrate some rare beauties: Redheads! Did you know that only 4% of the population consists of true redheads? Whether strawberry or deep auburn, you’re quite a unique bunch. Red hair genes are often associated with creamy skin and freckles. We realize just because your locks are red that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re Irish, but for those that are—today, let’s embrace it! Hair color, like eye color, has an impact on what makeup shades work best for you. This morning I consulted with tarte’s CEO Maureen Kelly (a true, fiery-redheaded beauty) & our tarte beauty gurus for some tips.
- Complexion- If you have freckles, don’t try to cover them! Use a foundation to even out your skin tone, not cover up. Trying to mask freckles can often make your skin look dingy. Use a tinted moisturizer like smooth operator for an optimal base and follow up by lightly dusting with park ave princess mineral bronzer to warm up your look.
- Cheeks- Avoid pink bases. Redheads look the best in peaches and corals. Some natural cheek stain suggestions: blissful, eco cheek, green siren or Maureen’s favorite, tipsy.
- Eyes- Keep your ‘Irish eyes smiling’ with warm colors in coppers, browns, honeys and bronzes. Grays and blues are not for you. If you want a pop of color khaki’s and plums are the perfect shade for lining.
- Lips- Reach for lippies in coral or blush shades with gold undertones. Our faves for your pout are LipSurgence ™ natural lip stains in joy and enchanted and/or vitamin infused glosses in liquid sunshine & 40 winks—totally kissable!
We hope these tips and selections are perfect for you. As you can see in our montage above they work wonders on both Maureen & Hollywood’s Redheads!