Posts tagged contest
The holiday season is a time to catch up with family & friends! Whether I’m traveling to visit relatives or having a phone date with my bff, I love hearing holiday shopping stories (the good & the ugly!) and seeing some of their favorite gifts. Speaking of presents, I’m still going through my long list of what to get some people in my life. I always try to buy meaningful gifts; ultimately, something that person will truly appreciate.
For those like me, I found the greatest gift for that eco-conscious person in your crew: bioserie iPhone biodegradable covers. bioserie uses the latest in bioplastics technology; offering less greenhouse gas emissions in manufacturing and the prevention of environmental toxic pollution once the cover is discarded. Essentially, bioserie is transforming annually renewable plant material into an iPhone cover that is slim, strong and stylish. This biobased phone accessory is made of plants not petrochemicals! And they have covers in an assortment of colors for not only the iPhone, but also the iPad, iTouch and iPod.
That said: it’s green giveaway time! We’re giving away 2 bundles of bioserie’s bioplastic covers valued at $99.85:
- iPhone 4 case (white: $34.95)
- iPhone 3G/3Gs (purple: $34.95)
- iPod nano 5 G (green: $29.95)
Keep one for you and give the others as gifts!! All you have to do to enter is tell us how you’re being eco-conscious this holiday season! Post your responses here and enter to win!! We’ll reveal winners on Wed, 12/15.
Hot for Holidays! Tarte asked professional lifestyle photographer Tamara Lackey for her tips on how to look your best in photographs this season.
The holiday season presents opportunities galore for photo taking and we all want to look our best in the moment. As a photographer, I’m used to throwing out hints to my subjects about how they can look better in front of the camera and teaching them simple tips and tricks to get picture-ready. And the great thing about helping you tartlettes look your best in photographs is that there are so many awesome tarte cosmetics that can help step up your look through a camera lens! Day-to-day – and definitely at photo shoots – I’m never caught without the aqua-gel eyeliner, LipSurgence lip tint stick (I’m a “Moody” lover), and the mineral powder bronzer that I cannot live without.
- Whichever products are your favorite, be sure to carry something to help brighten your eyes, cheeks and lips – even a quick re-apply will help brighten your face and help you look fresh in pictures.
- For events that you know will have a lot of photo action, opt for matte finish. Shine is exaggerated by the small but super bright point-and-shoot camera flash and even a little bit of “glow” can end up looking oily.
- If you’re applying lip-gloss right before a photo, try to rub your lips together a bit or even blot them slightly with a napkin. Extra-shiny lips can look be overly reflective and look distracting with flash.
- Smooth don’t scrunch your hair! The instinct is to fluff up but this often makes hair look messy. Run a smooth hand over your hair for a put together look!
- When standing, do some creative posing for the most flattering results. Here’s a few suggestions:
- Always stand at an angle to the camera with one foot crossed in front of the other
- A hand on the waistline can also help create definition
- I always have my subjects stick their chin out and down just a hint. It might feel a bit awkward, but this will give you great facial definition for any photo taken from the front
- Lean forward slightly at the waist also and definitely avoid leaning backwards! It will make a world of difference
- Choose timeless over trendy when selecting an outfit. Avoid anything with a lot of logo’s or anything that is so “it this moment” that when the moment passes the photo will look dated.
Now that you’re ready for this holiday seasons photo taking opportunities, I am also excited to offer a giveaway to 3 tartelettes who chime in with their own great ideas on how to take photographs that your friends won’t want to de-tag later! We’ll select three winners and send them each a Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography Gift Set, with our new DVD, Book, and On-the-Go Quick Reference Guide. Feel free to keep it for yourself or give it away as a gift.
What are some of your ideas?
Tamara Lackey is a professional lifestyle photographer with more than a decade of experience capturing life’s moments beautifully. Also a long-time vegetarian and animal-lover, Tamara uses Tarte in support of our mission to create cosmetics that cause no harm to animals and contain no synthetic dyes or added fragrance.
*Need a great add on gift for someone getting a new point and shoot camera or SLR, this Holiday season? “Tamara Lackey’s, Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography” DVD and book will show them how to turn their everyday snapshots into little works of art. On the go? The quick reference guide and iPhone App will show you tips and tricks fast when you are photographing on the move.
Comment below with your favorite summer 2010 trends & enter to win 1 of 3 tarte glam gams natural bronzing leg sticks !
As you may have gathered us tarte girls are fashion junkies! What better way to kickoff Fall 2010 New York Fashion Week than offer our fans a giveaway. But that got me thinking, why stop there? So, instead we’re offering you fellow fashionistas a tarte giveaway-a-day for the entire NYFW calendar! Check in on our social media pages (twitter, facebook, youtube & the blog) to enter our contests & snag our fashion forward natural beauty freebies!
Day 1 Hint: We hope you follow us on twitter