Posts tagged fashionista
As the temperature keeps rising, the only thing I want to put on these days is… nothing at all, really. Once the forecast hits 85 degrees, it just seems damn near impossible to keep cool, no matter how little clothing one wears. So, I’ve been wearing the only item that feels close to going around in the nude: the sundress.
This sweet little design was practically made for those sweltering days when the most you want on your body is a slight piece of cotton. And, fortunately for us eco-friendly fashionistas, you don’t have to look too hard to find a sustainable version of this item of clothing. There are plenty of places to find sundresses made from organic, recycled, or sustainable materials, such as the four adorable options below.
1. American Apparel that bastion of simple cotton wear, now offers their classic summer dress in organic cotton and multitude of colors. You can’t see it, but it has an adorable criss-cross back.
The red carpet was sizzling last night at the 2012 People’s Choice Awards. Celebs were dressed to the nines and wow factors were at an all time high - sheerness, outrageous cuts, and risky styles were abundant! It was hard to narrow it down, but here are a few of our favs!
Ginnifer Goodwin paired a retro fingerwave ‘do and with a thoroughly modern structured, hot pink dress .
Flirty and feminine, Ashley Benson hits a fashion home run with this black and white cocktail dress.
What were your favorite looks of the night?
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
who: Jen Steele, assistant fashion editor at Cosmopolitan
claim to fame: Jen’s worked in magazines for nearly five years—and has been on every side of a photoshoot—from the model to the assistant, the stylist, and the photographer. Currently at Cosmopolitan magazine, Jen works on nearly every fashion and beauty shoot alongside her editor. She’s also currently working on a photobook to publish in 2012: a collection of photos taken during her years as a fashion assistant.
her gift list:
1. tarte puttin’ on the glitz color collection & clutch: “I love how many options you get with this! Three gorg face palettes, plus a cute little clutch to hold my essentials for the night.”
2. Suzannah Wainhouse Cross Earrings: “Love her jewelry designs — the craftsmanship is impeccable.”
3. Kate: The Kate Moss Book: “I’m obsessed with Kate Moss and hence this book, it’s a collectible. Want it!”
4. Acne Simone Blushed Blazer: “This blazer is so chic, yet fashion forward.”
5. Wundervoll bras: Wundervoll is one of my fave lingerie desingers. It’s seriously so comfortable while still being sexy.”
6. La Colombe Corsica blend: “Hello, coffee. This one is so bold and flavorful, YUM.”
Good morning tartelettes!
Have you heard, Manolo Blahnik’s gone green?! The infamous powerhouse has a new sustainable shoe collection, and it’s everything an eco-conscious fashionista could ask for and more! I love reading about these type of collaborations, especially when related to my most favorite accessory: shoes! Designer Marcia Patmos was asked to create an eco-friendly line for the label, and after spending a considerable amount of time researching sustainable material, came up with two incredible styles made out of tilapia skin (interestingly enough a byproduct from the food industry), cork and raffia. These beautiful shoes — an adorable open-toe flat and a sexy, strappy sandal — come in gorgeous color combinations: nude, yellow, black and electric blue.
These are the first earth-friendly designs to be released by Manolo Blahnik and I couldn’t be more thrilled to see the fashion heavyweight take up the green cause! Like we always say, luxury and sustainability are not mutually exclusive. What do you gals think of the latest eco-friendly creations?