Posts tagged Grammy awards
“Her dress faded from black to burgundy, so I took the colors from her dress and incorporated them into a colorful cat eye — it completely lit up her gorgeous green eyes.” -Terri Apanasewicz, celebrity makeup artist
* To begin, Terri used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay waterproof concealer under her eyes, then applied tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
* Then she dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess under her cheekbones to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
* For the perfect pop of color she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface, a light baby pink, on the apples of her cheeks.
* She finished by adding luminosity to her complexion with tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmering powder in champagne over her blush.
* She sculpted her brows with emphasEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil.
* She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig and then went over it with emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil.
* Then she drew smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig along her lash line toward her temple, creating a glamorous cat eye.
* To make her green eyes pop, she dusted matte plum from neutralEYES eye shadow palette over the liner.
* She followed by lining her lower lashline with smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in fig to complete the winged effect.
* For extra volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Terri used two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara.
The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards turned out some killer performances and avant garde get-ups (envision star holding Lady Gaga), but my favorite looks came from “young Hollywood” –whose inky frocks were ultra-glam. Personally, I think the Grammy’s are one of the few Red Carpet events where thigh-skimming mini’s are acceptable. Two of my faves were Lea Michele’s navy Romona Keveza feathery number & Miley Cyrus’ edgy Herve Leger. Although both were totally different in feel, they were equally flawless. Who do I think really stole the show? I think hands-down the number one look of the night came from none other than the 4-time winning Taylor Swift. Her custom Kaufman Franco was AMAAZIINNG. The closest thing I will ever come to such sophisticated blue shimmer is my Chanel blue satin polish–oh well , kudos to her!