Posts tagged holiday
Looking for something très chic to give your best pal this holiday season? We’ve got you covered. These gifts will ensure she won’t be searching for the gift receipt after she’s torn off the wrapping.
Our envy-inducing gift list: (clockwise from the top left) one of Alexander McQueen’s iconic skull print scarves, a to die for Rebecca Minkoff pocketbook, Calista Tools hot rollers, tarte’s holiday lip service limited-edition LipSurgence™ collection, a fun and affordable sequin lap top case, oh so warm UGG boots, or a chic and adorable pocket mirror.
What did you get your bestie last year? What do you think she’s getting you this year?
This holiday season make a conscious effort to gift green! With more options than ever, why wouldn’t you? Seriously, it’s just silly not to give green! I’ve pulled together a great group of eco-friendly items for everyone in your life; hopefully, you can find the perfect something for that special someone in your life.
- the stocking stuffer: re-hydrate and reduce waste with the Bobble Bottle water bottle with filtration system
- for him: a Sprout Watch, the band on this sleek chronograph watch is made from black corn resin
- for her: tarte’s ring it in natural cheek stain trio and cocktail ring
- for kids: Phresh Kids yoga mats are perfect for having fun and staying fit
- for pets: enjoy a day outside playing fetch with 30 LOVE Eco balls
Work party, family gathering, significant other’s cocktail party, Chrismukkah bash, New Year’s…heck, this time of year I’ll use any excuse to don a party dress. Holiday soirees are the perfect reason to add a little extra sparkle to your wardrobe. There’s something about these minis that make an evening feel extra festive. While your go-to LBD is perfect for any of these occasions; I say the dresses above will make you stand out in the crowd. If you don’t live in the frigid north of this country (I’m jealous) wear these with bare legs and a closed-toe shoe. As for the rest of us, I recommend paring it with opaque black tight—super polished & trendy (and warm). Finish your look with a fiery lip tint & un-fussy hair; you’ll look gorg! Happy holidays!
The holiday season is a time to catch up with family & friends! Whether I’m traveling to visit relatives or having a phone date with my bff, I love hearing holiday shopping stories (the good & the ugly!) and seeing some of their favorite gifts. Speaking of presents, I’m still going through my long list of what to get some people in my life. I always try to buy meaningful gifts; ultimately, something that person will truly appreciate.
For those like me, I found the greatest gift for that eco-conscious person in your crew: bioserie iPhone biodegradable covers. bioserie uses the latest in bioplastics technology; offering less greenhouse gas emissions in manufacturing and the prevention of environmental toxic pollution once the cover is discarded. Essentially, bioserie is transforming annually renewable plant material into an iPhone cover that is slim, strong and stylish. This biobased phone accessory is made of plants not petrochemicals! And they have covers in an assortment of colors for not only the iPhone, but also the iPad, iTouch and iPod.
That said: it’s green giveaway time! We’re giving away 2 bundles of bioserie’s bioplastic covers valued at $99.85:
- iPhone 4 case (white: $34.95)
- iPhone 3G/3Gs (purple: $34.95)
- iPod nano 5 G (green: $29.95)
Keep one for you and give the others as gifts!! All you have to do to enter is tell us how you’re being eco-conscious this holiday season! Post your responses here and enter to win!! We’ll reveal winners on Wed, 12/15.
It’s that time of year: holiday work parties, friendly gatherings and New Year’s toasts! We’re now penciling them into our December calendars and sorting through our wardrobes. This year there are even more sequins, lux velvets and faux furs to wear. In addition to adding some sparkle to your outfit, I always recommend statement makeup! With so many festive soirees to attend, I thought this would be the perfect time to share one of my favorite holiday looks. I’m loving this dark romantic look I came across in the December pages of Flare Magazine. Bold lip choices were huge for all of 2010, and this deep wine lip is a gorgeous way to finish off the year. I love that it’s paired with a soft and subtle smokey eye. This dark and romantic look is quite simple to recreate and super wearable from office to office party. Here’s a quick how-to:
- Hide those dark circles and even skin tone with your favorite complexion products (try: dark circle defense, smooth op tinted-moisturizer)
- Choose a neutral shadow and wash all over the eyelid (try: lock&roll 12-hr eye shadow in sandstone)
- Blend matte brown shadow into the crease of the eye and run along the bottom lash line (try: the royal collection holiday palette)
- Brighten inner eye corners and inner rims with a highlighter & nude liner (try: rest assured brightening wand)
- Curl and coat lashes (try: picture perfect holiday curler & lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara)
- Finish with a deep berry lip tint (try: LipSurgence™ natural lip tint in moody; if lips are chapped from the winter air, prep with fRxtion lip exfoliator and balm)
Last night was the tarte holiday party! We did something a little different—we actually made our own delicious dinner at Rustico Cooking! We enjoyed some wine and then got down to business. We were split up and some of us made the appetizers and dessert, while others cooked the main course and side dishes. If I don’t say so myself, I helped create by far the best sausage, broccoli rabe & cheese (I’m definitely forgetting some of the ingredients) crepe ever! Additionally, we dined on chicken, squash, gnocchi and a mini cheesecake. Everything was so yummy! We also did our holiday gift exchange—Alison got me the best gift: Voluspa candles. They smell so divine and last forever!! Thanks again Alison!! -Candace
Happy Halloween! I love the fun surrounding this holiday (alright, the candy is a perk too), although I didn’t dress up for work today. It’s ok though, because I’m dressing up for my friend’s Halloween party on Saturday and I can not wait! My friend Erin and I are surprising everyone at the party so I can’t get into detail about our costumes here, but they are truly outrageous! -Maria