Posts tagged lights camera lashes!
Hey there tartelettes!
Unless you’ve been sleeping in a coffin (and no judgment here), you should’ve heard that HBO® series True Blood premiered over the weekend! And with that we released our new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition collection.
We’ve put together some killer products for the supernatural beauty and vampy vixen. Inspired by the hit show, the tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette is packed with 17 new eyeshadows to take you from dawn to dusk, and well into the night. Open after dark: buried in a pullout drawer is a full-size emphasEYES™ aqua-gel eyeliner in black, a deluxe lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven natural mascara and a deluxe lifted™ natural eye primer with Firmitol™.
Want more? We also have a lust-worthy natural cheek stain and LipSurgence™ natural lip tint in shimmering red! Now there’s something for you to really sink your teeth into. And be sure tune in to True Blood™ Sundays at 9 pm on HBO®.
Will you be turned?
Whoa tartelettes! Don’t cruise by that newsstand so fast. Be sure to pick up the July issue of Cosmopolitan featuring our lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara! Our award-winning and best-selling mascara increases your overall lash volume by an astounding 424%. Create your own summer breeze with each bat of those bombshell lashes!
He’s been featured and quoted in the glossy pages of our favorite magazines. His work is on the beautiful faces of TV shows we can’t get enough of (ahem Project Runway)! The famous adore him, AND yet, he still makes time to help the everyday woman (like us) look and feel beautiful! tartelettes meet: Celebrity makeup artist Nathan Johnson! He’s the perfect mix of fabulous and down to earth—that’s why I HAD to feature him as our December “Meet The Pro”. This Q+A is just a quick snapshot into Nathan’s world. You can learn more on his sites Nathansbeauty.com and RunningwithHeels.com, but here are some tidbits: he considers tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! the ultimate mascara! His personal beauty secret weapon is his own two hands! And he has a passion for writing (hopefully, we will see a book from him soon!). Enjoy
It’s that time of year: holiday work parties, friendly gatherings and New Year’s toasts! We’re now penciling them into our December calendars and sorting through our wardrobes. This year there are even more sequins, lux velvets and faux furs to wear. In addition to adding some sparkle to your outfit, I always recommend statement makeup! With so many festive soirees to attend, I thought this would be the perfect time to share one of my favorite holiday looks. I’m loving this dark romantic look I came across in the December pages of Flare Magazine. Bold lip choices were huge for all of 2010, and this deep wine lip is a gorgeous way to finish off the year. I love that it’s paired with a soft and subtle smokey eye. This dark and romantic look is quite simple to recreate and super wearable from office to office party. Here’s a quick how-to:
- Hide those dark circles and even skin tone with your favorite complexion products (try: dark circle defense, smooth op tinted-moisturizer)
- Choose a neutral shadow and wash all over the eyelid (try: lock&roll 12-hr eye shadow in sandstone)
- Blend matte brown shadow into the crease of the eye and run along the bottom lash line (try: the royal collection holiday palette)
- Brighten inner eye corners and inner rims with a highlighter & nude liner (try: rest assured brightening wand)
- Curl and coat lashes (try: picture perfect holiday curler & lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara)
- Finish with a deep berry lip tint (try: LipSurgence™ natural lip tint in moody; if lips are chapped from the winter air, prep with fRxtion lip exfoliator and balm)
They say that spring is wedding season, but most of the brides we know have been getting hitched in the fall! Boston-based makeup artist Lissa Bloom from 2kissandmakeup.com shares her tips & tricks on how to get that “bridal natural glow” this season…
Many brides tell me that they want a glowing complexion with minimal makeup. Unfortunately ladies, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but flawless skin doesn’t just happen. I’m not sure who started this urban makeup legend, but I’m destined to stop it. I’m constantly telling my brides that when you think someone isn’t wearing makeup (i.e. those gorgeous celebrities), I can assure you that they most def are wearing it (and most likely a lot of it)!
The first product I use (after applying moisturizer) is tarte’s clean slate primer. This product is essential in helping makeup stay put, even in the worst of conditions (stress, heat, humidity, stress, and dare I say: rain). It also prevents makeup from building up in any fine lines or wrinkles that you may have (and not want to admit to). Can I get an AMEN?!
My next product fave is tarte’s ReCreate Anti-Aging Foundation with Wrinkle Rewind™. Not only is this foundation clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging, it also gives skin a pick-me-up, balances uneven skin tones, and helps to cover those lil’ imperfections (darn pimples) that we all have.
And let’s face it: everyone wants to have tanned, glowing skin but sans the sun. tarte’s , Park Avenue Princess, is a mineral-based bronzer that gives skin a beautiful glow, without having too much shimmer and shine. Although shimmer may look good on some body parts, it can also magnify large pores and any skin imperfections. We can’t have any of that in your priceless pictures!
To finish off a bride’s complexion, I use tarte’s natural cheek stain. These are FANTASTIC! This creamy formula makes it super easy to blend into skin, making it virtually goof proof. The shade range is also beautiful—guaranteed to have the perfect color for every bride.
As a self-proclaimed mascara snob, there is only one mascara that I allow on my bride’s big day: tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! This mascara not only enhances lash length, but it also volumizes, curls, and conditions. This quadruple-threat mascara could cause the demise of fake lashes everywhere (gasp).
Remember….just because a bride has to wear something old and borrowed, it doesn’t have to be her makeup.
Tell us what you think! Share your bridal stories & favorite tarte products. We want to hear from you!
During Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, tarte’s celebrity makeup artist Tony Ballard created beautiful looks for the CW’s Plain Jane, Louise Roe and AMC’s Mad Men, Nora Zehtner. Both were spotted at Andy & Debb’s Spring 2011 Presentation last week rocking some tarte products! Look like a fashionista–here’s what Tony used:
Louise Roe at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Added a pop of color to her cheeks with tarte’s eco-cheek natural cheek stain
- Created a clean, simple eye with shades from tarte’s femme naturale palette
- Really played up the lashes with several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
Nora Zehtner at Andy & Debb Spring 2011 Presentation
- Created a flawless complexion with tarte’s ReCreate anti-aging foundation
- Highlighted skin with tarte’s smooth operator illuminating serum
- Added a touch of pink glow with tarte’s TEN limited-edition natural cheek stain
- Created a classic, doe eye with tarte’s femme naturale palette, emphasEYES™ aqua-gel in black and several coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara
- For her pout, used tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip stain in lucky mixed with tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip stain in lust.