Posts tagged lights
Fall is coming tartelettes! That means sweaters and scarves, the return of all things pumpkin flavored, cool temperatures and a full roster of scary movies to gear us up for Halloween. What better excuse to cuddle up to your guy than a movie jam-packed with creaky doors and eerie shadows?
Not a fan of fright flicks? James Bond returns in November and there’s a host of comedies premiering this fall, too. Just make sure to apply your lights, camera, splashes!™ mascara to guard against runs when you start laughing so hard you cry.
1.) Bachelorette – September 6th
overall inspiration: “I wanted to keep Carly’s boho, rocker feel with shimmering cheeks, but add a vintage glam twist with a rich, dark lip.” –makeup artist Desirae Cherman for tarte
- Desirae prepped Carly’s skin with tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer.
- Then she mixed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s Amazonian clay illuminating serum and buffed it into Carly’s skin with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to create a luminous glow.
- She set Carly’s look in place with tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To give Carly a sunkissed glow, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, then swirled tarte’s cheek stain in loving (available at Ulta in July) on the apples of her cheeks, followed by a dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmer powder in champagne along the tops of her cheekbones and cupid’s bow to create extra radiance.
- Desirae prepped her lids with tarte’s clean slate 360 creaseless™ 12-hr smoothing primer.
- Then she brushed a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II onto Carly’s lids.
- To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze in her creases and along the outer corners of her lids.
- To make her eyes pop, she lined her upper and lower lashlines with tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black, blending the color onto her lids and just slightly past the corners.
- For extra volume Desirae applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven 4-in-1 mascara.
- To ensure Carly’s vintage-glam look, Desirae swiped tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in envy on to give her pout a rich hue.
Learn how to get Katniss’s flawless, glowly skin — the ‘no makeup’ makeup look —with these simple steps.
Products you’ll need:
-Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15
-smooth operator™ Amazonian clay illuminating serum
-airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
-cheek stain in true love
-Amazonian clay 12-hour shimmering blush in buff
-smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eye liner in golden black and bronze
-lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven mascara
-maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten
Parties, festive drinks, gifts, comfort food… the holidays are a blast for so many reasons. That seemingly never-ending string of events with friends and family is part of what makes November and December so special, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s. But once the confetti clears and you emerge from your champagne haze, January can look, well, pretty bleak. With nary a cinnamon stick or office party in sight, it’s easy to fall into the post-holiday doldrums.
Never fear, tartelettes: we have some fashion suggestions to perk you up and get you through the first few freezing weeks of 2012!
Just because the holiday events are over doesn’t mean you have to shelve your glitzier pieces. Keep the party going by pairing your favorite sparkly dress with a cozy boyfriend blazer, a la Sandra – you won’t scream “festive!”, and, with some thick tights, you’ll still be winter-appropriate.
2. Fun tights
When it’s this cold outside, you may be tempted to forgo your adorable dresses and skirts for the seemingly smarter option – pants. But wait! Tights can be just as warm, especially when topped off with a pair of snug boots. Glam up your gams with some brightly-colored, patterned, or ribbed tights.
An even quicker way to brighten up that dark winter wardrobe: a bold lip. We’re thrilled about the recent return of bright lip colors, from universally-flattering orange-red to shocking pink (rocked here by Alexis Bledel). Pair with mega-lashes (courtesy tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! mascara) and a touch of shimmer. Hands down, the prettiest – and easiest! – accessories for an all-black outfit.
4. Bright additions
Neutrals, neutrals, and more neutrals. Even the most style-savvy girl can get stuck in the winter rut of go-to basics. But what better way to lighten up a grey day than with some color? Neons are very on-trend right now, and they goes gorgeously with black, grey, cream, and camel; add a splash of bright color with your jewelry, your purse, or even just your nails.
“Debra said she wanted knock-em-dead eyes. She wanted a super smoky dramatic look, so we made it all about glamorous eyes, and accentuated them with a shiny, natural nude gloss on the lips.” – Jeannia Robinette, celebrity makeup artist
- To begin, Jeannia used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, applied with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
- She added a touch of sheen with tarte’s new maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on the tops of her cheekbones and around her temples
- She then used Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
- To make her cheekbones pop, she used tarte’s new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff a warm nude with a touch of shimmer, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
- She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil
- Then she smudged smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black along the lash line, followed by smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in olive, which added the perfect hint of green to complement her earrings.
- She followed by tapping on Amazonian clay cream shadow in shimmering moss to set the look and strike the perfect balance of black and green.
- For loads of volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Jeannia used two coats of tarte’s light, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara, which made her eyes pop.