Posts tagged smolderEYES
What shade would you dare to wear?
Celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher created Selena Gomez’s look for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party using tarte products. Find out how to recreate the look at home. More >
Meet tarte tastemaker Lindsay Luv, celebrity DJ, fashion blogger, and style guru, after launching her career in New York City, she’s become a popular fixture in Hollywood and around the world, spinning at top nightclubs and star studded events. She’s been featured in numerous celebrity weeklies such as People and US Weekly, appeared in fashion magazines like Blackbook and NYLON, and worked one-on-one with a roster of superstar clients. We got this ‘it’ she-jay to sit down and answer a couple questions for us about music, life, love and, of course, beauty.
Jen has teamed up with tarte makeup artist Raul to give you some expert tips and tricks for using our smolderEYES™ pencils. Plus, they’ll show you how to transition daytime liner to a more dramatic evening look.
“Debra said she wanted knock-em-dead eyes. She wanted a super smoky dramatic look, so we made it all about glamorous eyes, and accentuated them with a shiny, natural nude gloss on the lips.” – Jeannia Robinette, celebrity makeup artist
- To begin, Jeannia used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, applied with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
- She added a touch of sheen with tarte’s new maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on the tops of her cheekbones and around her temples
- She then used Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
- To make her cheekbones pop, she used tarte’s new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff a warm nude with a touch of shimmer, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
- She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil
- Then she smudged smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black along the lash line, followed by smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in olive, which added the perfect hint of green to complement her earrings.
- She followed by tapping on Amazonian clay cream shadow in shimmering moss to set the look and strike the perfect balance of black and green.
- For loads of volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Jeannia used two coats of tarte’s light, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara, which made her eyes pop.