holiday gift guide: the tastemaker
The holidays are here…and you’re still gift shopping?
First, relax. Then shake off that last-minute pressure, we’ve got you covered. We’ve tapped some of the keenest shoppers and most creative people we know in order to put together these unique gift guides filled with presents that are sure to please everyone on your list!
who: Aimee Blaut, former gallery girl and founder of THE FORMULA blog
the low down on THE FORMULA blog: A modern take on beauty. The site does not subscribe to the notion of a singular beauty ideal or a be-all, end-all, recipe for beauty; but rather to the idea that beauty is as individual as it is attainable. Aimee spent her early career in the arts, but found that she was most inspired by the beauty of the everyday girl. Through this blog she strives to deliver a keen aesthetic point of view full of original photographs and content. And remind women that ‘yeah, you are a babe.’
her gift list:
1. A subscription to Grey Magazine: “It’s the perfect fashion magazine, from the photographs to the paper quality — it’s amazing.”
2. Bliss Lau Suspend Ring: “I love what Bliss makes. There’s always real artistry in her designs and execution.”
3. Works of the Sixties, Anselm Keifer: ”I’m a huge fan of his work, and have been fortunate enough to see several of his exhibitions.”
4. Club Monaco High Wool Socks: ”These are great for lounging around at home on nights when I just want to be cozy.”
5. tarte’s blair set: ”It has a little something for everywhere: lips, cheeks, eyes and even blotting paper — great for traveling.”
6. Keds at Opening Ceremony collared shell: “I love clothes that feel smart, and this peter pan collar has a great 60′s vibe.”