get the look: allison williams at the 2012 emmy awards
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
- Julie prepped her complexion with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to hydrate and protect Allison’s skin.
- Then she applied clean slate poreless 12-hr perfecting primer to ensure her foundation lasted for the red carpet.
- Next, she blended tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation in light to medium to add a subtle glow and warmth to her complexion.
- To conceal any uneven skin and to highlight around her eyes, she used tarte’s maracuja waterproof creaseless concealer in light.
- To add extra radiance, Julie highlighted her brow and cheekbones with maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight.
- Then she applied tarte’s cheek stain in blissful to the apples of her cheeks.
- She finished with a hint of tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in amused and lightly dusted Amazonian clay finishing powder on her t-zone to minimize shine for the red carpet.
- To open her eyes, Julie curled her long lashes with tarte’s picture perfect eyelash curler.
- Then she smoothed clean slate 360 creaseless 12-hr smoothing eye primer so her shadow would stay put all night.
- In order to bring out her blue eyes, she applied Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in seashell pink on the lids.
- To add a bit of drama, she created a thin line with mutiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner at the lashline and slightly up at the outer corners.
- Then she blended canopy eyeshadow from tarte’s amazon escape Amazonian clay eye and cheek palette in the creases and in the bottom lashlines to give a soft, smoky look.
- To bring a subtle brightness, she highlighted the inner corners of her eyes with the bright side double-ended eye brightener.
- To finish, she applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Julie outlined Allison’s lips with tarte’s LipSurgence matte lip tint in exposed, then filled in the center of her lips using glamazon pure performance 12-hr lipstick in inspired.
- She finished by adding a touch of shine with maracuja divine shine lip gloss in adored.