Posts tagged Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow
Celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh used all tarte to create Allison Williams ultra-femme and modern look for last night’s Grammy Awards. More >
American sweetheart Julianne Hough shook things up at the Emmys this year. The blond beauty went daring with both her plunging neckline and her against-type hair style, and while the vote is still out whether the risk paid off, one thing we know for sure is that her skin looked absolutely flawless — thanks to celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern and tarte cosmetics!
“I wanted her makeup to look as if she were a black and white photograph come to life.” –celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern
- “I prepped Julianne’s skin with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to give the skin a deep infusion of moisture and glow.”
Still a Hollywood newcomer, if you haven’t been watching the HBO breakout series Girls, you may not know who Allison Williams is — that is until she hit the Emmys red carpet last night. A cool, classic beauty with sophisticated edge, Allison turned heads last night in Oscar de la Renta, with flawlessly sweet and subtle makeup; a look created by celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris using all tarte products.
“Allison has such big gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to accentuate them with a stronger eye and a softer lip,” Julie said of the look. But even if you don’t have show-stopping baby blues, you can still recreate this look at home for ultra-flattering results.
Want to get her perfectly pretty glam look at home? Just follow the steps below.
- To create a glowing complexion, Kindra started by applying tarte’s new maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation with broad spectrum SPF 15.
- Then she dabbed tarte’s maracuja waterproof creaseless concealer under her eyes to lock in a dewy appearance.
- To bring a warm glow to her skin, Kindra dusted Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess along her cheek bones and hair line.
- She finished by bringing a rosy flush of color to the apples of her cheeks withAmazonian clay 12-hour blush in amused.
Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis created Lea Michele’s look for the Teen Choice Awards using tarte products.Keep reading to learn how to get the look!
overall inspiration: “I wanted to keep Carly’s boho, rocker feel with shimmering cheeks, but add a vintage glam twist with a rich, dark lip.” –makeup artist Desirae Cherman for tarte
- Desirae prepped Carly’s skin with tarte’s clean slate flawless™ 12-hr brightening primer.
- Then she mixed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s Amazonian clay illuminating serum and buffed it into Carly’s skin with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to create a luminous glow.
- She set Carly’s look in place with tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To give Carly a sunkissed glow, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, then swirled tarte’s cheek stain in loving (available at Ulta in July) on the apples of her cheeks, followed by a dusting of tarte’s Amazonian clay shimmer powder in champagne along the tops of her cheekbones and cupid’s bow to create extra radiance.
- Desirae prepped her lids with tarte’s clean slate 360 creaseless™ 12-hr smoothing primer.
- Then she brushed a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II onto Carly’s lids.
- To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze in her creases and along the outer corners of her lids.
- To make her eyes pop, she lined her upper and lower lashlines with tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black, blending the color onto her lids and just slightly past the corners.
- For extra volume Desirae applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes!™ clinically-proven 4-in-1 mascara.
- To ensure Carly’s vintage-glam look, Desirae swiped tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in envy on to give her pout a rich hue.
overall inspiration: “To complement her Jean Paul Gautier tuxedo dress, we wanted to keep Miley’s makeup fresh with a dewy cheek and summer peach lip: Brigitte Bardot meets bronze goddess.” – makeup artist Denika Bedrossian for tarte
- For a flawless complexion, she smoothed tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush over her skin.
- Then she brushed on tarte’s Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess, and highlighted her cheekbones with tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight.
- To brighten her cheeks, she buffed tarte’s cheek stain in tipsy onto the apples of her cheeks.
- To keep her look in place, she then dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder over her t-zone.
- To create Miley’s sultry eyes, she used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering moss as a base, then layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze over top and blended up into her creases.
- Under the brow, she dusted matte pink cashmere shadow from tarte’s neutralEYES eyeshadow palette volume 2 to brighten her arches.
- To enhance her lashes, she drew tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in bronze along her upper and lower lashlines.
- She finished with several coats of tarte’s gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- To enhance her coloring, she created a summery peach lip by adding tarte’s LipSurgence™ lip luster in glisten, then topped it with a mix of tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in tipsy and adored.